Notary Rotary
Independent Contractor Agreements
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/30/05 11:59am
Msg #62613

How does everyone feel about signing independent contractor agreements? I do signings on a part time basis, and I don't like taking the time to fill out all of their paperwork to just do one signing. Of course, they promise you "many signings in your area." but I learned a long time ago that those are empty promises. I have made it a policy to ask up front with new companies if they require some type of independent contractor agreements before I even accept the signing. I have been doing signings for over 4 years and, frankly, I'm sick of the attitude from the signing companies toward us. It's like they believe they own us and our time! Just ranting and raving -- I had a rude phone calll this morning from someone at a signing company I've never heard of. Have a great day

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/30/05 1:10pm
Msg #62632

I want work, I fill them out and fax them in.
Rude happens, however, most SSs that I've worked with are pleasant Smiley

I am getting $75.-100. base from them and give drop dead times for 1 set e-docs...it works
It has paid off to sign up with the 3 and 4+ star rated companies on this very site.

I love my SSs and they call me first

Reply by Eugene Tripp on 8/30/05 2:47pm
Msg #62646

I believe that having an ind. contractor agmt. has many advantages for the SA. They often spell out the payment expectations and other valuable information to have on file including specifics about the SS, and expectations of both parties.

The signing services that have contact me have been respectful, curtious and professional.

I have a file with my contractor information ready to attach to an e-mail when requested by a SS.

Reply by Sarah Robinson on 8/30/05 3:25pm
Msg #62656

Eugene what a great idea...do you have a special format you use or just a letter form?

Reply by Lydia_Fl on 8/30/05 4:15pm
Msg #62672

I like the idea ! I will love to have a copy. !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.