Notary Rotary
It figures....
Notary Discussion History

It figures....
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by ColleenCA on 8/22/05 8:45am
Msg #60705

It figures....

We were out of town all last week taking our oldest son to college and I received more calls for signings then I have ever received before. A total of 12 calls during the week! Of course I had to turn them all down. Hopefully it will continue this week. Oh well, what are ya gonna do??????

Reply by Art_md on 8/22/05 10:57am
Msg #60765

That's the nature of this business. Even when I'm out of town, I have my cell phone with me. (My cell number is my primary number.) I figure that being interupted 5 or 6 times for 3 mins at a time is not too bad - worth it not to miss signings.

Art

Reply by Susan/CA on 8/22/05 11:22am
Msg #60771

Thats great Colleen. How was the trip? I have to run but I will e-mail you a bit later to catch up.. I have some great news!
Susan

Reply by J in CA on 8/22/05 1:56pm
Msg #60807

I feel your pain.
I chose to leave town on Friday the 5th, and was slammed with appt. requests I could not take for that single day. I hate it when that happens! Makes me paranoid about trying to leave town for a few days.
So.... How was Humboldt? I think you got the bad end of the nice weather we had been having. Did you find another good resturant?
J.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/22/05 2:25pm
Msg #60823

Hi J! Actually we enjoyed the cool weather, I am really starting to get sick of the high heat in So Cal.
We had a great time! Saw lots of wildlife and did alot of hiking. We moved our oldest into the dorm on Wed. Funny thing happened in Eureka one day. We were out shopping with our 16 yr old and he was approached by someone asking him if he had any "bud". I guess his long hair made him a target. Ahhh good old Eureka! We actually found a couple of great restaurants, one being in McKinnly called Carlottas. Great mexican food! We really would like to move up that way someday. Maybe when our youngest goes to college, he loves Humboldt State too. Take care!!!

Reply by J in CA on 8/22/05 7:37pm
Msg #60894

Glad you had fun.
Yes, they are not shy around here. Kids hold up signs asking for pot all the time.
I have not been to that resturant in McKinleyville yet. It is actually called Carmella's. There are soooo many Mexican resturants around here, so no shortage of cheap eats! I actually used to have a Mexican resturant right off the Plaza. Very popular with the College crowd. Unfortunately it burned down NYE 94/95.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/22/05 9:15pm
Msg #60928

Hi J

Actually the restaurant was called Carlottas and it was off of Central Ave and I think Stuart or something like that. You should definately try it. Yes, I'm sure a mexican restaurant right off the plaza would be very popular. Have you ever thought of opening another one? I can't believe kids hold up signs asking for pot!!! Aren't they scared of the cops?

Reply by J in CA on 8/23/05 5:34pm
Msg #61199

Re: Hi J

Carmella's is On Central near Sutter. I have no idea where Stuart is...
As for another resturant, no way! I lost a lot of money, and did not make much before the fire, which is why I no longer have the place.
As for the signs and the cops, I guess they can't be busted if they don't have the drugs yet!

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/24/05 7:39am
Msg #61324

Re: You are right J

It must be Carmella's on Central and Sutter. I couldn't remember Sutter. Anyway, it was really good. Take Care.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/22/05 2:41pm
Msg #60828

Re: Hi Susan, I'll look for your email. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.