Notary Rotary
Last minute cancellations
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 8/1/05 10:34am
Msg #56155

Does anyone charge for last minute cancellations? On Friday, I was booked for the day and turned down a few assignments. The docs weren't ready for my first appointment and I had to re-schedule for later in the day. The next three appointments cancelled at the last minute. The second one half hour after the scheduled time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply by Charles_CA on 8/1/05 11:41am
Msg #56165

I strongly believe that we should charge for cancellations. I also believe that we should be paid the same whether the borrowers sign or not, whether they show up or not, and whether the loan funds or not. It doesn't matter because it takes the same amount of time and effort whether the borrower shows up or not, whether the loan funds or not, and many other circumstances. If you commit to doing the signing you have given up the potential to take another listhing for the same time. Try not paying for these types of services in any other business. Of course as long as there are notaries desperate to get business at any cost there is little we can do about it in practice. I tell people up front what my policies are and if they don't like it they don't have to contract with me.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 8/1/05 12:53pm
Msg #56179

Charles, how do you handle the situation if the cancellations are for e-docs? Do you attempt to collect a printing fee, or take it as a loss? Do you let invoice for printing? I think that would be fine if the cancellation is within 2 hours of appt.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.