Notary Rotary
Late payments from Settlement Corp.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by MJ FL on 8/3/05 9:58pm
Msg #56798

Anyone else having a problem? Outstanding invoices from MAY!

Reply by Mike/NJ on 8/3/05 10:14pm
Msg #56803

let me know what happens, I just booked 4 HELOC's with them for next week and I was on the fence about them.

Reply by MJ FL on 8/3/05 10:25pm
Msg #56807

The whole situation with them was very odd. They flew in fast and furious. Overwelmed me with work for 30 days and when I followed up on overdue payments (very nicely), the work completely stopped. I was went from 4 or 5 a week-at least, to nothing. Then I called to check on it almost two weeks ago. Well the checks were cut and would go out "tomorrow or the next day". It never came. I called today. Asked about the check. Said she was too busy to talk about checks on the phone. She only addresses that via email and I would have to email her.

Good luck!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/05 10:35pm
Msg #56809

I have done three signing for them.Did one May 31st and one June 7th. I got a check for those two on July 30th.
The last one I did for them was July 20th, so am expecting to get paid the end of this month for that.

Reply by MJ FL on 8/3/05 10:41pm
Msg #56811

I hope they pay soon. I asked her twice (when the business stopped) if there was any problem with any of the packages. She said no that they were always perfect and she still has me in the database.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/4/05 5:50am
Msg #56845

They are one of the few I have had problems with. Last year they inundated me with work for a month and a half. They were always fast, fast, we don't have time, just submit your invoice we pay after 45 days. Well after 45 days I did get my check and it was short app. $800 based on fees we agreed upon. I would sometimes go to 5 different cos. a day for them. Some were 100 round trips that they ended up paying me $40 for. I got every penny out of them but it was a waste of my time and money and a HUGE lesson learned.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/4/05 3:09am
Msg #56843

I've worked for them for several months and they've paid like clockwork almost the whole time, was getting my check around the 21st of the month. The check I received this month was about a week later but that's the first time it's come that late.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/4/05 9:28am
Msg #56876

I'm glad to hear it. I just have to chalk it up to my bad experience. I felt like they chewed me up and spit me out after 45 days and then moved on to some other sucker. Again, they arbitrarily paid me what they wanted and only made good after some pain. I always felt rushed and that they were unorganized and could care less about the notaries. Hate to sound arrogant but maybe after their experience with me (and others) they cleaned up. Anyway, it was a painful but learning experience.

Reply by MJFL on 8/4/05 2:01pm
Msg #56934

Teasa/NY UPDATE

That is exactly what they did to me. After 30 days they dropped me like a hot potato. I thought they must have moved on to the next person. They had me totally scheduled for 30 days and it was off like a light switch.

**I emailed a spreadsheet of my oustanding invoices and said that I would like to resolve the outstanding invoices from May and June today. "M" at the SS replied to my email that checks aren't cut until the 15th and she would look into it. I emailed back that since I have been waiting so long, I would appreciate it if she could get an exception to the 15th. Of course, no reply to that email.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 8/4/05 2:05pm
Msg #56937

Re: Teasa/NY UPDATE

I went over the payment schedule and I was informed they pay on the 15th of the following month. So work done in August means a check cut September 15th and payment around the 20th.

Its a 45-60 day turn around time company at best. I shall see come 09/20/05

Reply by MJFL on 8/4/05 3:06pm
Msg #56960

Mike/NJ

Did you read my post? Payments from MAY. They state that they pay on the 15th for work done the prior month.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/4/05 7:38pm
Msg #57026

To MJFL

I don't know what to tell you. Everyone seems to have a different experience as you see from Mike/NJ's post. I don't get it. It's not like I was inexperienced or made mistakes (and I'm not saying anyone else is/did). I busted butt for 45 days doing many a day and again going to many different counties in one day, going to ups at 8:00 pm for drop offs, blah, blah, blah. I just think they were deceptive with me. In fact after I bitched about the payment when I did receive it, they immediately cut me off and contacted another notary in my area to run her ragged. I don't get it, I wish I did. I have moved on and am more careful now.

Reply by MJFL on 8/4/05 10:04pm
Msg #57055

Teasa/NY THANKS for the input.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.