Notary Rotary
Letter to SS
Notary Discussion History

Letter to SS
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by RickinVA on 8/26/05 1:38pm
Msg #62024

Letter to SS

Received a call to handle a signing with overnight docs. Here is the Rest of the Story
Jon
This is confirmation of our telephone conversation. You told me the docs would be sent to me overnight. They were not. You then said they were posted on a website for me to download. I went to that site, and, with you on the phone with me, determined that they were not posted. Due to the time constraints, and the disparity in charges for "E-docs" I will not be able to complete the closing for xxxxxxxx. This is MY invoice for keeping me from handling other closings, and as a cancellation fee. $ 50.00. I expect this by return mail. I had several other signings I had to turn down because the time slot was reserved for your signing.

At 12:46 PM 8/26/2005, Johnathan xxx, wrote:
On the phone with ILS as we speak. Docs may be posted on the website. I will let you know as soon as I find out...

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 11:35 AM
To: Johnathan xxxxx
Subject: Re: Order:

Jon, I notified you at 10:30m Eastern time that I had no docs for
this signing. It's now 12:30 Eastern, and I still have no docs and no
instructions. The closing is in 1½ hours. How do I proceed?

Reply by JRNotary on 8/26/05 5:43pm
Msg #62077

I like the fact you are keeping the SS in check, however, do you think this may burn the bridge with them? In CA, I don't know if this will hold up in court if you decide to take him to small claims. It's basically your word against his.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.