Notary Rotary
Name Change
Notary Discussion History

Name Change
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Dee-FL on 8/2/05 2:29pm
Msg #56448

Name Change

Can I still notarize documents if I got a divorce and haven't received my new stamp and certificate, yet? If yes, how do I sign my name. New last name or name as it appears on the old stamp. I received information from my bonding company that stated I could notarize under my old name until I receive the new stamp, etc. Is this true?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/05 3:08pm
Msg #56459

This is true: From the governors manual.

If your lawful name changes, you must request an amended commission by submitting the
appropriate application form, a rider to the notary bond, and a fee of $25. You should contact
your bonding company for assistance. Once you make application for a change of name, you may continue notarizing in your former name until receipt of your amended commission and seal. You will be given a new commission number, but you will retain the same expiration date.

When in doubt check the manual: We are so lucky in Florida to have such an excellent notary handbook.

Reply by Dee-FL on 8/2/05 3:27pm
Msg #56465

Thanks Sylvia.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/05 4:18pm
Msg #56475

You are very welcome Dee.

Do you have the Governor's Reference Manual? If not, you can download it from the website, or I will be more than happy to e-mal it you in pdf format.

It really should be in your library of "must have reference books"

Reply by Dee-FL on 8/3/05 6:11am
Msg #56552

I don't have it. Could you please email it to me in pdf format to [e-mail address]
Thanks a million.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.