Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Newbie in Ca. needs help with grant deed, Please!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/19/05 9:39am
Msg #60196

My car mag sign paid off,I was called to sign a grant deed. I never did one, and the message search was not helpful. Is this similar to a quitclaim deed, where witnesses are needed? Any real help or guidance would be appreciated this morning. PLease layoff the sarcasim. As for my spelling, I have not had my coffee yet. Thanks all!

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 8/19/05 9:46am
Msg #60198

I can't tell you about California but in Florida Witnesses are no longer needed. This only changed a few months ago here.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/19/05 9:54am
Msg #60207

Thanks I have never done one. I recieved the call when driving artound last night. I often forget I have a car sign, and I am not prepared with the questions, Who, What and where?Are Grant deeds for realistate sales? I hate to sound stupid. I wish I knew more about real Estate, it will come in time as I do more I am sure.

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/19/05 9:55am
Msg #60211

Would you please tell me where the change is listed about not needing witnesses on a Deed? FL doesn't require witnesses on a Mortgage, but a Deed, to my knowledge, still requires witnesses, one of whom may be the notary.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/19/05 10:11am
Msg #60216

Florida and witnesses!

There has been no change in Fl. law lately regarding witnesses.
Witnesses are not required for Mortgages, but are required for deeds - quit claim deed, warranty deed, grant deed etc.

Where did you get your information from??

Reply by Merry_CA on 8/19/05 10:16am
Msg #60218

I'm sorry if this sounds sarcastic, but by the time you wait to get an answer here you could have gotten the correct answer in a matter of a few minutes be calling the CA SOS office.

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/19/05 10:27am
Msg #60219

You need only worry about the ACK. On property in CA witnesses are not required on any type of deed.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/19/05 3:49pm
Msg #60430

Thanks Brian and Barbara, all went well. Have a great weekend!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.