Notary Rotary
No docs - should I charge?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Martha_AZ on 8/19/05 11:04am
Msg #60226

I accepted an assignment last evening for 8PM. They were going to be edocs. I told them I needed the edocs by 5PM due to a 6:30 signing I had to leave for. I left at 5:30 and returned at 7:30 and still no docs. Of course I called the SS but only a message machine after hours. I also hadn't been able to get ahold of the borrowers until 7:30 and neither spoke english (so they would have needed a spanish speaking notary..which I'm not). I could have accepted another assignment last night. Does anyone charge SS for them booking your time and no signing occurs?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/19/05 11:27am
Msg #60243

Unfortunately this is a cost of doing business.
I have had this happen to me too, accept a signing, then turn others down, and then the signing gets canceled or rescheduled. I did have one company send me a $25 cancellation fee - but I didn't invoice them for one, they just sent the check, apparently it was their policy.

Reply by Martha_AZ on 8/19/05 11:34am
Msg #60252

thx - n/m

Reply by Paula Warrender on 8/19/05 12:32pm
Msg #60299

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. I've lost money because I've turned down other signings. Most frustrating end of month when I am really busy. The only time I've gotten paid on these is when I have printed the docs and then received cancellation. If I've printed I invoice a doc print fee. I have spoken to signing agents who invoice the total fee if cancellation is w/in so many hours of closing. Sorry not much help, but I know your frustration!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.