Notary Rotary
Non Borrowing Spouse
Notary Discussion History

Non Borrowing Spouse
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Lisa/WI on 8/13/05 9:14am
Msg #58812

Non Borrowing Spouse

Normally I ID all involved in a transaction whether they are "borrowing or non-borrowing" Wouldnt you know it, I had a non-borrowing spouse that refused to let me put their info down on the ID form because they were not borrowing any money and the form said "co-borrower". I did ID this person in my journal though for the notarization and they were ok with that, but should I have insisted on getting that info for the ID form and what could I have said to explain the importance of this form?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/13/05 9:19am
Msg #58813

This isn't a form that the borrower has to sign?
So, you have the info in your journal, so you could fill in the info later before you send the docs back.

When I have come across this, I line through "co-borrower" and put "spouse" - never a problem.

Reply by Lisa/WI on 8/13/05 9:36am
Msg #58819

Thanx Sylvia. Thats what I was thinking but wasnt sure if it was appropriate, but it makes perfect sense to me to cross it out and put spouse. This would take away the persons fear of being titled "borrower". Which is what this case was.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.