Notary Rotary
NotaryPro and printing
Notary Discussion History

NotaryPro and printing
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 8/10/05 8:28am
Msg #57988

NotaryPro and printing

I received a call from NotaryPro and it was edocs, I have worked for them before but it was awhile back. Now they want you to fax pages to them to review printing before going to the job, well I started printing and the print was real bad so I called they will be resent, they printed a few pages and agreed. Ok I go to a signing when I get back the original docs were fixed so I start printing, It takes 2 and 1/2 hours to print 2 copies! I call and they say this is normal I tell them it is not normal for me. They say this is normal for them and the girl I talked to said they hear this all the time nothing they can do. Very frustrating!!

Reply by Select Processing Servivces - Southeast Michigan on 8/10/05 8:40am
Msg #57991

Hey there DellaCA. I do some work for NotaryPro and it never takes me 2.5 hours to print anything for them. What kind of printer are you using? Usually the signing package and borrowers' packet is included in the same print job. I'd say about 15 minutes tops but then I have never stood around to time print out. I just hit the print button and multitask. Usually after about 10-15 minutes, printing is done.

If it took you 2.5 hours to print, I can totally understand your frustration. Your entire day stops to print. That's no fun at all.

Reply by DellaCA on 8/10/05 9:21am
Msg #58001

It never did in the past for me either( took that long that is) as I said they told me this is normal! It is not my printer all other docs print out fine, and I had to print the borrowers copies also. A big waste of time, to top it off I was suppost to have the docs monday night but did not arrive untill tue. afternoon.

Reply by BLE on 8/10/05 9:42am
Msg #58002

It is probably the resolution at which the docs are saved/uploaded. I sometimes have that problem also.
As for faxing pages before a job???? I'm a professional and do not babysit signing companies. Maybe this is not the best attitude to have but my time, toner, electricity, etc. are MY money. I can use the time more wisely.

Reply by Mdene_AZ on 8/10/05 10:15am
Msg #58012

It seemed that I spent more (too much) time with NotoryPro than with any other company. I find it frustrating also. I have done several signings for them, but I am going to find a way to streamline the jobs. Time IS money.

Reply by wendy_wa on 8/10/05 10:51am
Msg #58023

I take these jobs all the time and print time is usually 15 min, which I use for other things. However, on one or two occassions, the documents sent were actually scanned individually which did slow down the printing and downloading time significantly. The pre-signing fax back is no biggie really - 1st page of the deed and the app (some hud depending). I understand that many notaries will print everything on legal reguardless of the lender instructions, which can be a problem. Although they don't pay all that well, I get alot of business from them so I put up woth the little annoyances for the long term relationship. Plus they always pay me on time, which is alot more then I can say for a lot of companies. So I just programmed the speed dial on my fax machine and spend the extra 2 minutes it takes to do the pre-sing fax back while I read messages boards.

Reply by DellaCa on 8/10/05 12:51pm
Msg #58068

The pre fax would not have been a big deal if anything else would have gone as it should have, maybe it was because of how they put in the docs but I just don't have the time to wait and baby sit 2 hours for docs if it happens again.

Reply by wendy_wa on 8/10/05 2:00pm
Msg #58097

yup I can understand the frustration for the time the printing took
the couple of times it happened to me were very annoying
but you should be able to slowly inch your base fee up after a few successful appts
they will never go all that high but like I said there is a slight trade off for regular steady reliable business

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.