Notary Rotary
Notary Law Institute
Notary Discussion History

Notary Law Institute
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by jan smith on 8/17/05 7:04pm
Msg #59758

Notary Law Institute

I have just received some information regarding seminars that they are offering locally, I only do mortage type documents so not sure that the info in the seminar would be pertinent. Has anyone taken the seminars, were they worthwhile? Jan

Reply by Ilona Campbell-Mihai on 8/17/05 7:30pm
Msg #59763

Where is locally?

Reply by jan on 8/17/05 7:34pm
Msg #59766

New Hampshire, it's $79. Have you done it?

Reply by Tina / ID & OR on 8/18/05 12:01am
Msg #59822

Jan, The Notary Law Institute is ran by Peter Van Alstyne. I, and my office staff (all NSAs) have attended the class. We took it in March. For us it was the best thing because Idaho does not offer much in the way of notary classes and Oregon is very limited in the areas we cover. One thing to keep in mind is that this is BASIC notary info. Peter does not cover signing agent info. (although he will try to answer some questions). He will talk about notary law and court cases. Very informative. We feel that it is worth the money, but you need to decide what you want out of the class. By going to the class you become a member of NLI for a year. They have a toll free # to get answers to your questions - notary answers, not necessarilly signing agent answers. Good luck with your decision.

Reply by Jan on 8/21/05 7:39pm
Msg #60636

Thank you, it might not be a bad idea, my husband and I are both notaries and do mostly mortgage docs and learned what we know from the National Notary book and study course that we took and really by doing the signings. We've been very pleased with the response that we get from them also. Perhaps one of us (him probably) should take the course and share information. I appreciate your response. Jan

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.