Notary Rotary
OT: Oh my gosh, these gas prices!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by ColleenCA on 8/12/05 1:06pm
Msg #58598

I just heard on the news that a Chevron station in the South Bay area is charging 3.09 per gal for regular and 3.29 per gal for permium! This is getting out of hand!

Reply by rlogan-ca on 8/12/05 1:10pm
Msg #58599

Have you been to the market lately? Almost all products are priced higher than last week.
Now my husband's idea of getting a motorcycle doesn't sound so crazy.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/12/05 1:13pm
Msg #58602

Forget that! I want these dang cicadas to die! We have to have at least a half million of them in back...They are driving me mad! Not to mention the cat keeps tossing them around like little footballs and leaving them at the back door...ugly little noise makers.

Reply by rlogan-ca on 8/12/05 1:22pm
Msg #58607

I experienced hordes of cicadas while in Japan. Very irritating. I'm glad we don't have them here in So. Cal. Sorry to hear you have to live with them. Would earplugs help?

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/12/05 1:28pm
Msg #58611

rlogan...

just for kicks, I'm gonna strap on my wrist rocket after my next signing and do some target practice. We live on the side of a mountain so no back neighbors Smiley Just acres and acres of noise

Reply by rlogan-ca on 8/12/05 1:38pm
Msg #58615

to Charm AL

Well at least you have acres and acres and a mountain side, that's the good news. I believe Cicadas are seasonal. That wrist rocket sounds like fun.

Reply by Peg on 8/12/05 1:19pm
Msg #58603

Re: bike, been there done that

broke my legg on a MINOR SPILL. good thing i had a helmet too. riding is for FUN only, the minute u use to to commute/work. you put your life at risk. NOT WORTH IT. (you have to be extra focused, when riding. If your rushing to get to a client and miss ONE LITTLE THING... its a rough fall. where in a car you can compenstate for distractions and its not your life. but a bike. not to mention, your UNREACHABLE when riding. no cells no beepers no nothing. weather plays a big roll... and you have little to NO STORAGE space. so many reasons... but the best one is your LIFE. trust me on this one. i know.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/12/05 1:22pm
Msg #58608

Yes rlogan-ca!

I went yesterday and the price of meat had skyrocketed since last week!

Reply by rlogan-ca on 8/12/05 1:33pm
Msg #58612

To Peg

You are so right about how risky it is to ride a motorcycle. My husband had one years ago and we had fun on it. He was a very careful rider, but it was people in cars that were distracted or careless that nearly hit us several times.
He keeps telling me, "Just think of all the ins. money you'd collect." I tell him, "It won't keep me warm at night though."

Reply by Peg on 8/12/05 1:41pm
Msg #58616

decisions based on money

almost every decisions i have ever made based on MONEY has been the wrong decision! Getting a motercyle for saving on money is the wrong choice for me! If your so busy, then get a good econo car, low payments now adays and take good care of it. trust me, your no good to anyone dead. my hubby saids he is worth more to me dead, (finanically he probably is!) but i am usless without him, in the short i would have a nice cash flow but in the long run, after time (and i spend like mad with all that cash lol) i have nothing and I dont have him to share that nothing with! omg i can ramble. sorry folks

Reply by rlogan-ca on 8/12/05 1:45pm
Msg #58618

To Peg

Amen. My thoughts exactly. You had me lol at the thought of you spending like mad. You are so right.

Reply by rlogan-ca on 8/12/05 1:42pm
Msg #58617

Re: Yes rlogan-ca!

And that's only the begging. The cost of fuel will undoubtedly effect every item and service we use. The stockholders of petroleum are probably smiling all the way to the bank.
Like my mom always said, "If you can't beat them, join them." (As a stockholder)

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/12/05 1:46pm
Msg #58619

Re: Yes rlogan-ca!

I've got 7 carriage horses and I live a mile from work...but where would I put them during the day! I think I'm going to start riding my bike when the weather gets better(cooler). Gas here is $2.37. I'm thinking of giving up meat anyway. I just don't know where it is going to end, but my best guess is recession!

Reply by Bethy-ca on 8/12/05 1:57pm
Msg #58623

$2.37

Wow...we haven't seen $2.37 a gallon for a very long time. My husband went for gas last night and while he was there he called and said, "Uhm, honey...it's $3.05 a gallon for premium."

We have to have premium in our car, too...we've tried the lower octanes and it actually makes the car run worse, and our gas mileage goes down...thus paying even more. So, we go with the premium. Fortunately, it gets good mileage in general. That's my car....his isn't as good, but it's better than a large truck or SUV. I would be dying if I had one of those right now.

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/12/05 1:59pm
Msg #58624

Re: $2.37

Yeah, but I'm in the sticks on the East Coast. I know everyone else is higher than ours but we will catch up, believe me! I'm just wondering how much heating oil is going to be! Need to break out the old wood stove.

Reply by Bethy_ca on 8/12/05 2:07pm
Msg #58636

That's one thing I've never had to deal with...heating oil. I'm a native Californian and spent most of my life in the western states. I was in WV for awhile and I felt really dumb not knowing what heating oil was. If we turn our heaters on during the winter...it's usually gas or the fireplace. I grew up in the desert...what do I know? :p

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/12/05 2:15pm
Msg #58641

You are lucky. Last year heating oil was $2.40 a gal before all this gas stuff. I dread seeing what it will be this year. Hope we don't get a lot of ice and snow (although I do like snow, just not too much. It's a paid trying to feed up. I had a race horse that had never been out in the snow before last winter. He was a hoot! He tasted it and then rolled in it. Just like a kid).

Reply by Bethy-CA on 8/12/05 2:26pm
Msg #58649

I went to college in Utah, and it snowed plenty there...but we used gas, there, too. SO heating oil was a totally new concept for me.

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/12/05 2:30pm
Msg #58652

Some people use gas here too, but it is usually more expensive than heating oil (plus there have been a couple of houses blown up here...one poor elderly woman's house blew up in the middle of the night). I used kerosene at the house where I was living but changed to fuel oil when we put up a new modular. My son is still at the old house using kerosene. You have to have the furnace and chimney cleaned every year too. I don't think I could take the desert. I don't deal with heat well....but here it is very, very humid too.

Reply by Im Just Dreaming[WWW II Vet] on 8/12/05 11:01pm
Msg #58770

In my new hard top 57 ford gas was 19 cents a gallon and I got blue chip stamps,water,oil checked, windows washed, and a BIG thanks.

Reply by Susan/OH on 8/12/05 4:39pm
Msg #58672

$2.55

I paid $2.55 today at the pump and that was the third time I filled up this week. I have spent $83.00 on gas this week alone. How these notaries are making any money on $50 closings I have no clue.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 8/12/05 4:45pm
Msg #58674

$2.89/$2.99/$3.09

Prices posted at the Shell station by the I-5 freeway and SeaWorld Drive.

Reply by Iris_WA on 8/12/05 5:00pm
Msg #58683

Just paid $2.53.9 at a 76 Station for 87 octane.

Reply by cwf on 8/13/05 7:29am
Msg #58798

I paid $2.59.9 yesterday, went up $.10 from Wednesday.

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/14/05 2:19pm
Msg #59020

The 2.27 from last week is now 2.40 this week!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.