Notary Rotary
Offering to pay for a ride along
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by StormIN on 8/29/05 11:44am
Msg #62431

In a few months time, when I am through with my training, I plan on contacting an NSA in my town to introduce myself and ask if he'd be willing to let me attend a few of his signings. I want to offer to pay him for his time as a courtesy, but am wondering what amount to offer?? I want to make it worth his while, he is very experienced and I believe he will be a goldmine of advice and support. I don't want to offend him with to low an offer.Thanks in advance.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/29/05 12:10pm
Msg #62433

A lot of companies do not like ride-alongs.

If a company will allow it and the NSA is willing, I would say to offer $50. The $50 will be worth it for the hands on experience.

Reply by StormIN on 8/29/05 12:53pm
Msg #62440

Oh, I was not aware of companies not liking ride -alongs. Now I know, thanks.

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/29/05 7:41pm
Msg #62528

I think the ride along idea is a NO-NO with almost all companies and not so much welcome by other NSA. Instead, I would suggest to get the experienced NSA to do a 1-on-1 session with a set of document. I think you will benefit more this way as you would be the presenter (practicing) with the other NSA as borrower.

Reply by BetsyMI on 8/30/05 3:01pm
Msg #62651

Great idea!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.