Notary Rotary
Okay, sorry but I need help...first signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Amy_CO on 8/26/05 4:47pm
Msg #62062

just got docs in for my first signing and the some docs, ie, borrower's acknowledgement and adjustable rate not just have the wife's name and some, i.e. the deed of trust have the wife and husband.

Reply by Cin_FL on 8/26/05 5:01pm
Msg #62063

It is because CO, like Florida, is a common wealth State. Its 50/50. Even if the husband doesn't pay a cent he gets half of the house. The wife is the borrower, and the husband is just entitle to half the house.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/26/05 5:07pm
Msg #62065

SORRY! Wrong!! Colorado is NOT a community property state!!

Reply by Cin_FL on 8/26/05 5:17pm
Msg #62068

I was not being rude nor disrespectful sorry if I put common wealth I meant homestead state. Excuse me.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/26/05 5:05pm
Msg #62064

Colorado in a homestead state, so usally both husband and wife are on the DOT. ( if they live there) Sounds like Hubby's credit is not A-1 and the note is in the wifes name. Just have them sigh the docs as their names are. (Have whomever signs inital the DOT and note also) Notarize where necessary. Take your time. Do it right. Good luck.

Reply by Amy_CO on 8/26/05 5:21pm
Msg #62069

Re: Les...

This was an edoc assignment and the package, minus hud settlement statement and loan app was 90 pages. I don't see any instuctions for borrowers copy. DO you generally make a copy for the borrower to sign as well or will the closing agent make them a copy? Or should I call.

Reply by Anne Arnold on 8/26/05 5:38pm
Msg #62071

I'm not Les, but... when I receive e-docs, I always make a full set as a copy for the borrower. They don't need to sign those, just the ones you're sending back for processing. Their copy is just for them to keep for their records.

Good luck!!

Reply by Amy_CO on 8/26/05 5:39pm
Msg #62072

Thanks. I emailed the title co and they told me the same thing. The first time at anything is always nerve racking. You forget everything you think you know.

Thanks to all.

Reply by Anne Arnold on 8/26/05 5:42pm
Msg #62075

You'll do fine! Just look at every page very carefully to make sure you get all the appropriate signatures AND initials. Sometimes, they're easy to miss. The first signing is always the scariest, but go slowly and it'll be fine!

Reply by Les_CO on 8/26/05 9:06pm
Msg #62100

Sorry I'm late in answering! Yes, you need to make the borrowers a copy!

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 8/26/05 5:56pm
Msg #62084

Good Luck Amy...

Don't let your nerves get the best of you, and don't forget to check the docs before you leave the borrower, a lot easier than going back for a missed signature!

Reply by NorCalDar on 8/27/05 1:42am
Msg #62142

Re: Good Luck Amy...

I'm sure this is probably a few hours late and a few bucks short but...

Don't forget to make extra copies of the Right to Cancel. In almost all cases that you get the docs sent to you by the TC, they do not include the requisite 2 copies for each person. That can be a bit of a pain if you do not have a copier. But if you get the docs via e-doc, you can almost always print the extra copies hassle free.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.