Notary Rotary
One Possible Future for this board
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by CaliNotary on 8/24/05 11:26pm
Msg #61546

This was a response in another thread but I wanted to post it separately as well. I'm interested in seeing the responses.

"Some people are actually trying to get useful information here, but that is becoming difficult with all the immature anonymous posts!"

I seriously don't know why Harry hasn't changed the format of this board to force people to register and pick a username before they can post on the board. This place is becoming more and more useless every day and it's really a pretty easy solution to turn things around.

Just as this forum has developed a reputation as a great resource for new and experienced signing agents, it will soon enough get the reputation as a troll infested bickering playground for clueless newbies. And some enterprising person will realize that there's a great opportunity to start a competing website that does it right. After all, it's becoming clear that the money in this industry is moving away from being a signing agent and toward creating new agents. Who all need notary supplies. Some competitive prices on supplies, a better message board format, a little time for word of mouth to spread and Notary Rotary could find itself in deep doo doo.

Reply by PB_CA on 8/24/05 11:53pm
Msg #61557

I do agree with CaliNotary, I have been watching this forum for about two weeks now to gain more knowledge about loan signing. I have done some but I'm always reading different material from various places to learn all that is available. I have noticed that this forum is used more for gossip and chatting with one another rather than sharing useful information. I do like this company Notary Rotary, I gained my certification with them and thats why I came to this forum. I have gained some new information and I thank you for that and I would just like to encourage you to keep up the good reputation.

Reply by DellaCa on 8/24/05 11:58pm
Msg #61561

Its very sad but I see it going down hill fast. Such a shame I have learned so much in the almost year I have been here.
Harry please hear CaliNotary on this one.

Reply by John_NorCal on 8/24/05 11:57pm
Msg #61560

I, for one, would welcome anything that would keep this board a viable resource. Cali's points are well taken. Just as the NNA and other "education" providers are constantly churning out new notaries with their "tales" of untold millions to be made, they are followed by the "new" notary sites. Keeping this board strong, viable and respected will ultimately benefit the NSAs who want to be professional and successful in this profession.

Harry, please take heed and get rid of the anonymous posters. That would be the first step in keeping this board the resource that so many of us have come to rely on.

Reply by Mary_in_CA on 8/25/05 12:47am
Msg #61573

I agree, there are so many helpful tips here and we (atleast some of us) help each other. Its sad when someone asks a question and a couple "greedy know it alls" have to rip on that person". Then us who want to help or are looking for answers or opinions and new ideas from others, we end up wasting the little time we have to interact in this forum, going through the junk that others write. If they are going to post something it should be of value to someone not just to tell someone off, etc. I hope this does change cause with the right people and the right attitude this could be a great place.

Reply by Becca/FL on 8/25/05 12:28am
Msg #61567

I get it...

and you may be right.

So sad.

Reply by Glenn_CA on 8/25/05 2:50am
Msg #61594

Re: I get it...

For those of you that are registered and signed on, check the feedback portion of the board.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/25/05 8:59am
Msg #61614

I agree...

The format needs changed, Harry left a note on the feedback topic. He also mentioned the time and effort it would take.

My suggestion to all the serious, professionals...experienced and inexperienced is to not respond to the moronic posts. I think most of us can pick out the blatant stupidity and rise above it.

I was shocked to see the pages of responses that this sonya and peg character created. Along with the anon SS's now making disparaging remarks against otherwise innocent notaries. For heaven's sake, if you claim to work or run a SS, get a spell checker and link yourself to a profile. This isn't Romper room! I have to admit it's getting close to Bozo's Circus lately though.

These types are one or a few people that get their kicks by drawing us in, any kind of attention to them is orgasmic, no one in real life will give them the time of day. The more they upset us, the more they will do it. Ignore and they will go away.

Let's get it to where we login with a user name, get rid of the anonymous feature. It's just a tool to to confidently irritate, put people down, and reduce the professionalism and integrity of the industry through this website. Time to get out the broom and clean it up.

Reply by Tina_MA on 8/25/05 6:49pm
Msg #61806

Re: I agree...

with you, Charm, completely.

By the way, you're showing your age -- I had all the Romper Room accessories (Romper Stompers, the mirror, the balance thing that went on your head, etc.) I was always waiting for Miss Sherry to see my name in the mirror. Alas, I was forever disappointed, as she never spoke my name (sigh).

For those that are interested, ieSpell is free for personal use: http://www.iespell.com/

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.