Notary Rotary
PSS
Notary Discussion History

PSS
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by caroleMI on 8/30/05 8:11am
Msg #62570

PSS

I accepted an asignment from them for this evening. I told them my price, both with e-docs and without e-docs and they accepted. Now after reading the fine print on the confirmation, I would have charged differently. In the fine print it states, "...Deduction to your fee will be made if the loan does not close." Why should I have to take a deduction in fees if the borrower takes advantage of thier RTC?

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 8/30/05 8:37am
Msg #62574

As you are a business owner you have to make a decision on if this is acceptable or not to the way you run your business, if you don't do business this way call and cancel its your right to do so.

Reply by Glenn_CA on 8/30/05 9:48am
Msg #62586

That wording has been on a lot of the signings that I have done and I have never been docked. I usually give all new companies one chance to see if they will take advantage of me or not unless I see a lot of negative on the boards. Then I don't accept the signing. Sometimes if you are not willing to take a chance, you won't grow your business. Remember, when they call you for the first time, they are taking a chance that you are going to make a lot of mistakes.

Reply by SLM_CALIF on 8/30/05 11:25am
Msg #62607

What is the name of the signing service? Would like to avoid if I need to . Thanks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.