Notary Rotary
Pa Courses
Notary Discussion History

Pa Courses
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Joe on 8/8/05 9:37am
Msg #57542

Pa Courses

Does anyone know where I can take a course online or even have study material sent to me for signing agents in Pennsylvania.

Reply by buylamb on 8/8/05 5:13pm
Msg #57676

National Notary Assn offers such a service...BUT they are in California and PA law is a good bit different. PA is not really very supportive of Notaries doing this work. The Pa Assn of Notaries will not offer such courses because they are not in favor of exposing Notaries to the pitfalls these things can hide. That being said many PA notaries do signings. ....But there are occasions that the papers ask you to verify information thatthe notary has no clue as to the truth of it. ie... that the lenders address is such and such.....Also, as these loans originate out of state they are not based on PA law and that is an issue itself. It is my understanding, that even though these Signing Companies ask for error and omission ins.....PA error and omission Insurers do not insure mortgage signings sent out of state. Any one else have better Info?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.