Notary Rotary
PayPal
Notary Discussion History

PayPal
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by jason_AL on 8/3/05 10:55am
Msg #56606

PayPal

Has anyone ever heard of a signing service paying you through PayPal ? Interesting concept I must say !!!!

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/3/05 11:09am
Msg #56610

Yes, heard of it, but never utilized it.

Reply by NOTARYRUNNER on 8/3/05 11:09am
Msg #56611

Sounds like a good payment resource, but, just rember, there are fees deducted from the payment.

Reply by jason_AL on 8/3/05 11:10am
Msg #56612

ooh, that is true ! I didnt think about that !

Reply by Anonymous on 8/3/05 11:14am
Msg #56613

I think Pay pal is the best way to get paid anyway.

Reply by Sandi on 8/3/05 12:26pm
Msg #56640

There are 2 kinds of PayPal Accounts

As Sylvia mentioned, there are two different PayPal account bases -- if you are paid by direct debit from the payor's bank, there is no charge to you. If you are paid by credit card, however, there is a small fee and, as Sylvia indicated, you must pay a fee.

So, if your SS wants to pay as a debit directly from their bank account, all you have to do is transfer the funds to your established bank account upon receiving notice. There is a 3-5 day delay until the deposit shows up in your account.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/05 2:14pm
Msg #56680

Re: There are 2 kinds of PayPal Accounts

If you have a business account it doesn't matter if you are being paid by credit card or debit.
My husband wanted to buy something on the internet with Paypal and he didn't have enough in his Paypal account, so I made a payment to his Paypal account directly from my bank account, but as his was a business account they deducted a fee from his account.

Reply by anikander on 8/3/05 2:42pm
Msg #56685

Re: There are 2 kinds of PayPal Accounts

It's very easy to sign up for a paypal account. There are business and personal accounts, but you'll want the business account. The personal account does not allow credit card payments to be received and there is a monthly limit, something like $100-$200 of received funds, so it wouldn't be adequate for accepting notary signing payments. The business account charges 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction. There are no other fees. So if your notary signing fee is $100, then paypal gets $3.20 of it. The online sign up process is pretty easy and it's sercure.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 8/3/05 11:16am
Msg #56614

How much are the PayPal fees? Thanks! n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/05 11:59am
Msg #56630

Re: How much are the PayPal fees? Thanks! n/m

I have never been charged to receive monies via Paypal. My husband has though, but his was a business account, so I think that is the difference.

Reply by Mitch/MD on 8/4/05 9:37am
Msg #56881

5 or 6 percent n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.