Notary Rotary
Professional Settlements
Notary Discussion History

Professional Settlements
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Yolanda-PA on 8/11/05 4:54pm
Msg #58397

Professional Settlements

I got a call from this company today at 5:00 pm for settlement going on today. She asked if I was available for 6:30 I replied yes. She was going to email me a confirmation etc. I kept checking my email nothing. So i got a phone call around 5:45 it was Professional Settlements. They had to cancel because the borrower wanted someone for 6pm. She said that she would keep in mind in case it would get rescheduled. So I called Professional Settlements and pretend to be someone else that received a call and the person that answered said that the settlement was already booked.

Reply by Yolanda on 8/11/05 4:56pm
Msg #58398

Sorry I hit the post button to fast. Where I'm trying to get is, is just me or maybe they got someone else to do it for cheaper. The SS were the one's to offer $ amount because since was last minute.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/11/05 5:30pm
Msg #58405

You probably figured it out. Good detective work! We should be loyal & not steal their business, but it doesn't seem to work the other way around, does it?

Reply by ML/PA on 8/11/05 6:42pm
Msg #58415

This company seems to do that quite often. Last week I was contacted to do an early morning closing and I accepted it. I never received the confirmation so I figured they pulled the same thing so I didnt enter it in my calander and I did not call Professional (because they have done this before) I was shocked when I received an e-mail from the title company with the documents. I told her that I had never received the confirmation and I didn't even have the borrowers information so therefore she was not contacted. She was not too happy with Professional and called them. Luck for them since this was to be done early and it was a few minutes from my office I was able to do it.

Reply by Yolanda on 8/11/05 7:58pm
Msg #58434

You know what ticks me off is SS set the price. She said that they normally wouldn't pay that amt. but since it was last minute and edocs they would. I'm not going to loose any sleep because they would of probably stiffed me....

Reply by buylamb on 8/11/05 8:54pm
Msg #58447

I set the price that I will work for if I am accepting the responsibility and giving my time and service. Yes, I do reject signings and still get calls for more. If you are accepting $50.00 signings you are working for nothing. Suggest that they hire an attorney...;)

Reply by Yolanda on 8/11/05 9:41pm
Msg #58452

It was way more than 50.00

Reply by ML/PA on 8/12/05 9:09am
Msg #58504

They will pay more if they can't find anyone else. That's why I have only done a few for them.

Reply by SH/TN on 8/12/05 10:26am
Msg #58534

Very unprofessional company! Refused to do anymore signings for them. Told them to take me off their list. Was called by them out of the blue. Was given three or four loans from them within a day or so. I was wondering what was going on. Someone else in the area must have quit doing business with them. Sure enough my instincts were right! Never received e-mail docs, no one there could give me any answers regarding docs. So I called the title company the contact their was on vacation. No one could help me!!! In the meantime turned down another loan from another company. So I called them up and cancelled all the other signings with them. The next day I still received docs from a title company that I cancelled the signing with. Get this the loan was to close at 3pm. They sent another set of docs at 3:45 pm that said revised set of loan docs. If this was the kind of companies that they were dealing with I wanted no part of them!!!!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.