Notary Rotary
Question About Jurat in Loan Doc
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Hattie CA on 8/15/05 12:23pm
Msg #59147

Is this wording ok under some (Sworn to and subscribed before me this-----day of -------)It doesn't look complate jurat wording for CA to me.Do we have to use jurat stamp and cross this line out?
Other question is LOAN SERVICING DISCLOSURE Statement will be notarized? If yes jurat or acknowledgment?
TIA

Reply by Art_MD on 8/15/05 12:38pm
Msg #59148

Would have to check my CA handbook for answer to question 1. Someone else will probably answer before I could get to it.
Question 2... Not up to you to decide jurat/acknowledgement. Whatever is printed on doc. If nothing, you can't notarize. However, I have had a case where there was a venue section at the top of a doc but no notarization section. I called the TC (thank heavens I actually got thru to a human !!) and was told that an acknowledgment was required - their error. So, I pulled out my handy dandy acknowledgement stamp, stamped it and notarized it. Could also have attached a loose acknowledgement form.

Art

Reply by Hattie Ca on 8/15/05 12:58pm
Msg #59153

Thank You for your answer. I checked and I didn't see any venue or notarial section on the Loan serv. discloser statement. So it no need to be notarized. But about my first question I am still not sure.

Reply by Brain/CA on 8/15/05 12:55pm
Msg #59152

It is the old wording. Yes you need to use the stamp or attach a Jurat with the new wording.

I agree with Art. Rule of thumb, no notarial wording, no stamp.

Reply by Hattie Ca on 8/15/05 12:59pm
Msg #59154

Thank You very much

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.