Notary Rotary
SS Companies
Notary Discussion History

SS Companies
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by oldhippie_IL on 8/10/05 3:53pm
Msg #58134

SS Companies

What do you think about these companies wanting to pay $45.00? I am trying to sign up with more companies and I get so disgusted. By the time I'm ready to fill out the application they note their fee for $50.00! Last night, $45.00. How do you find the ones that pay a decent fee? I am wasting sooo much time.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/10/05 4:49pm
Msg #58149

When I first started, I signed up with all the 4 star companies here in the signing services tab.
Also read the posts often, every once inawhile, someone will mention a 'good' company.

Reply by LilyMD on 8/10/05 4:51pm
Msg #58151

That's how I began, too. And yes, I still read posts often to find "good" companies and information.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/10/05 4:55pm
Msg #58153

Re: SS Companies - Lily

I have a good friend that lives in MD and he sends over those famous Maryland crabcakes every once in awhile...yummmmy

Reply by LilyMD on 8/10/05 4:59pm
Msg #58156

Re: SS Companies - Charm

I love them! I'm a New Orleans area native---gotta love seafood.

Reply by Phil/Florida on 8/10/05 10:09pm
Msg #58212

The problem is that a lot of notaries talk, but in reality they work for free. The companies will keep paying peanuts because people are out there doing the work that you and I refuse to do for peanuts.

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/10/05 10:25pm
Msg #58213

Just keep signing up with the companies. I always note in their comments section that my base fee is more than their normal fee. I also add in my experience and certifications .

When the $45 and $50 companies call me, I just explain that my base fee is X and my edoc fee is another X and that faxbacks over 4 pages are an extra $25. It only takes one or two times for the company to agree to my fee and see the professional and thorough job I do and they're calling me instead of the $50 notary who makes tons of errors. Of course, lots of those $50 companies either won't call or say no, but they usually call back once they see what they get for $50.

So, to get business: sign up with every reputable signing company you can find, pay very close attention to the details (complete every notarization, double-check that every page is signed and/or initialled, be nice to the borrowers, lenders and schedulers, etc). If your detail work is great and your fee isn't outrageous, you'll get that repeat business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.