Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Marie on 8/13/05 10:14am
Msg #58823

Service Link

I received a call about a signing and never recieved documents. has anyone worked for this company?

Reply by Dave_CA on 8/13/05 10:33am
Msg #58826

I've done quite a few for Servicelink without any real problems.
They require that you invoice for all the signings at the end of the month and that you use their form. I have always been paid promptly after that.
They have started requiring some docs to be faxed back on some loans.
They have also tried to reduce their edoc fee from $25 to $15. Initially I went along but now I have gone back to $25. I can't tell if this has affected the amount of work they are giving me yet.

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 8/13/05 11:40am
Msg #58836

I do work for them on a regualr basis. They are good to work. Last year they dropped their signing fee to $65. Recently they dropped e-docs to $15. I mentioned the price of gas, etc. and asked to hold my price. I haven't heard from them this month, maybe that is why...................

Reply by erin_CenCal on 8/13/05 6:41pm
Msg #58927

Did you get a confirmation and everything? If so, I had the same situation happen to me. Service Link called me the day before the signing was to take place. They e-mailed me the escrow docs, but the rest of the docs never showed up. The signing was scheduled for early the next morning so I got up really early to see if someone e-mailed them overnight and they hadn't. No one was reachable by phone or e-mail, so I had to call the borrower and cancel the signing since I didn't have docs. Never heard a word from anyone at Service Link to apologize for their mistake or tell me what happened. I was very unhappy with that situation and past experiences with them, so I asked to be taken off of their vendor list. I already felt that the work load (several fax backs, seperate mailings, calls, etc.) did not match their below average pay. IMO, $15 for eDocs is a joke. There is such a high risk of something going wrong and with the cost of toner and paper, it cannot cover the cost. This is just my experience, but if you'd like more information, I know there are several threads on this board about them. Just do a search.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.