Notary Rotary
Service Link fee
Notary Discussion History

Service Link fee
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 8/12/05 3:43pm
Msg #58660

Service Link fee

Has anyone had Service Link pay more than $65 for overnight? You don't have to say how much but I was wondering if they start at $65 and then wait for you to haggle with them. Sometimes that works but... How is their payment schedule as well?

Reply by ML/PA on 8/12/05 3:53pm
Msg #58661

I have been paid more (when they can't find someone to do it for their low fee) They have their own invoice that you must submit by mail at the end of the month for all your closings and you get a check within 2 weeks.

Reply by CaSigner on 8/12/05 4:00pm
Msg #58662

So how does that work? they call and say we will pay $65 and you say ... Something like "sorry I will only do it for $$$".

Reply by yup on 8/12/05 5:42pm
Msg #58694

yup

Reply by AnneSoCa on 8/12/05 5:48pm
Msg #58696

I'm doing one for them tomorrow for a higher fee. They asked how much I would charge and I told them. I think they really needed someone because I'm not in their database.

As a matter of fact, after the call, I went to their website to sign up. I got a call a few hours later from their "intake" person (for lack of a better word). When she found out I haven't been a signing agent for at least two years, she said they couldn't accept me in their database. I told her I had just been hired by Service Link for a signing. She said, "Well, they must have been desperate, and called you as a last resort, because we don't take ANYBODY with less than two years experience. Call back when you've got the experience".

I was a little insulted by her "they must have been desperate" comment. But, it's good that they really want experienced notaries working for them. I'm sure I'll do a good job, even though I don't have two years' of experience yet.... I'm going over those docs tonight with a fine-tooth comb!

Reply by CaSigner on 8/12/05 6:17pm
Msg #58703

Contract states fee...

When the "intake" person sends you your contract it states the $65 base fee. Any problem asking for higher when they call even though it states a fee on the contract? I guess all they can say is no.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 8/13/05 7:35am
Msg #58799

They must have changed their policy. I got calls from them almost as soon as I got my commission and signed up w/NR. In fact they were the second ss I got a job from, and still get work from.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 8/12/05 7:07pm
Msg #58708

Just did one this afternoon for them not to far from me. They always pay my base overnight fee without problems.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 8/13/05 12:01am
Msg #58786

It just depends on how badly you are needed. I just did one for them and it was in the evening. They paid me my fee. It also depends on the scheduler. Just keep trying to up their fees.

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 8/13/05 5:49am
Msg #58793

Every time Service Link calls me, they will only pay $65 even if it's in the next county! They do pay on time like clockwork (two weeks after you bill them at the end of the month). However, watch out for fax backs! Some of the signings I did with them had a lot (30 pages sometimes) of fax backs! Especially watch if it's a Washington Mutual loan. I think they require the most fax backs (through Service Link anyway). Hope that helps.

Reply by BetsyMI on 8/13/05 8:18am
Msg #58802

I signed up for Service Link online even though I only had 18 months experience instead of their required 2 years. In talking to Jeremy at Service Link on the phone after that, when I told him I had done 100 plus loan signings, he got me approved through his supervisor for their data base. However when he insisted their cap was $65 for a signing, and only $15 for edocs, I had second thoughts. I found their email with instructions to me to be "preachy" (you MUST do this..you CANNOT do that...DO NOT do this) and when he called to tell me one week had passed since I had signed up (sort of accusatory) and that I still hadn't returned additional credentials to him (even though the email said I had two weeks to do so), I told him I wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with Service Link. I work with another company that consistently pays me $75 and they are so nice, and not preachy at all, and they pay quickly. I don't need to feel like I'm back in the 2nd grade. The edoc fee especially I felt was ridiculous.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.