Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Signing tonight for PSS (what do you think?)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by caroleMI on 8/30/05 9:15am
Msg #62578

Well I got the documents for tonight from PSS, no HUD they are going to be e-mailed to me. (quoted one price for e-docs and one for overnight) granted most of the docs came overnight but, it is pretty stinky that some are coming by e-mail and I have to print 3 copies I think my price should change, what do you think?

Reply by Ilona_OH on 8/30/05 9:18am
Msg #62580

That is SOP for many of the companies.I'd love to hear respones too.

Reply by yoyo on 8/30/05 9:22am
Msg #62581

They have done this to me before. Last week I got over on them. I was paid my reg. price plus edocs. and at my door was a fedex package (the lender overnighted the docs to me) So PSS paid me edocs for nothing. hehe!

Reply by CarolynCO on 8/30/05 12:08pm
Msg #62614

yoyo snickers **Last week I got over on them. I was paid my reg. price plus edocs. and at my door was a fedex package (the lender overnighted the docs to me) So PSS paid me edocs for nothing. hehe!**

That's *really* professional and something I'd really be bragging about.

As for what do I think about the HUD not being in the overnight package and having to print/copy it -- big deal. You weren't lied to -- in fact, it is common for the HUD *NOT* to be in the overnight. It's going to take a couple of minutes of your time to print and/or copy a minimal number of pages. Just let it go. You will be the one on the losing end if you make a big deal of this and insist to be compensated *extra* for printing/copying the HUD.

Reply by yoyo on 8/30/05 12:57pm
Msg #62629

Carolyn, First of all I'm not bragging, I'm glad it happen because a lot of SS like to get over on us. So if you don't like it you don't have to respond to my reply. You probably have been stiffed by them so your bitter*************************************************, so kiss my grits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by CarolynCO on 8/30/05 1:29pm
Msg #62637

And this folks is why I've gone to lurking ...

yoyo is really a work of art -- and with her ethical business practices, I'm sure all the SSs, TCs and LOs reading will most certainly agree and fight each other off for her signings.

*Carolyn, First of all I'm not bragging, I'm glad it happen because a lot of SS like to get over on us. So if you don't like it you don't have to respond to my reply. You probably have been stiffed by them so your bitter*************************************************, so kiss my grits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/30/05 1:34pm
Msg #62638

by yoyo ***So PSS paid me edocs for nothing. hehe!***

wow...your handle fits you...do you have any idea of the qualifications to be a notary public???

Reply by Joan_OH on 8/30/05 10:00am
Msg #62588

In my experience it is very rare the HUD is included with the overnight package. I think it can be assumed when you price for overnight that at least a few docs are going to have to be printed. Charge accordingly. 3 copies of the HUD can be 3 - 9 pages. Did you charge to print out your confirmation? I just don't get why you would consider printing the HUD as an edoc fee.

Joan-OH

Reply by caroleMI on 8/30/05 10:33am
Msg #62599

So far, in my experience the HUD has been always included in the overnight docs. If they had told me ahead of time I would not feel deceived. That's the main thing, I'm upfront, so at the very least I think the ss should be upfront. And, no I didn't charge for my confirmation.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/30/05 11:50am
Msg #62611

You're being ridiculous. Big freaking deal, you have to print out 3 copies of a HUD, it'll cost you what, a nickel in supplies and time? If something this inconsequential makes you feel "deceived" I don't know what you're doing in the business in the first place. Grow a thicker skin and develop some flexibility. Sheesh.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/30/05 12:58pm
Msg #62630

I agree with yoyo get over it alot off SS try to get over on us. It's about one of us gets over on them. Good for you YoYo.

Reply by caroleMI on 8/30/05 1:17pm
Msg #62634

Re: Signing tonight for PSS (CalNotary)

Why do you alway have to be so nasty? I just asked a question, and asked "what do you think?" But, did you have to be so nasty? I have notice that you are pretty nasty most of the time.

..."I don't know what you're doing in the business in the first place...." was that remark realy necessary?

I haven't posted very much because of individuals like you. Guess I leaned.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/30/05 3:05pm
Msg #62653

Re: Signing tonight for PSS (CalNotary)

<<.."I don't know what you're doing in the business in the first place...." was that remark realy necessary?>>

When you're saying that you feel *deceived* because they're emailing you a 2 page document that you have to print out, yeah, I'd say I was pretty much on target.

If you're going to be that much of a drama queen over something so completely typical of the industry, and something that is completly minor even if it weren't typical of the industry, then I don't think that you should be in the industry. It's not one for those with such delicate sensibilities.

And I don't think that what I said is any nastier than you saying that you're being deceived by a signing service because they're emailing the HUD to you. You're basically saying they operate with shady business practices and try to screw over their notaries. Sounds pretty nasty to me!

Reply by Joan_OH on 8/30/05 3:38pm
Msg #62661

I see a HUD so rarely in my overnight packages that when it is there I call to make sure it is the final. Then again, it's so rare I get overnight packages anymore. Maybe 1 out of 10.

Joan-OH

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/30/05 1:18pm
Msg #62635

most do include when overnited, some don't - part of the cost of doing biz...don't fret it, no one is cheating or deceiving you...now, if they had to re-run the pkg and e-mail it, you'd have a right to ask for an additional print fee and get it. Try to steer clear of looking petty over small issues, they keep notes on you and your professionalism.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/30/05 1:19pm
Msg #62636

Thank you Charm,

Reply by LINDETTE HENDRICKS on 8/30/05 6:43pm
Msg #62707

When d ocs come from lender they often don't have the HUd be grateful they are not faxing or emailing you the HUd and Title affs that could be 20 or more pages which in that case you may want to charge more however when you except an appointment take a minute to ask will the hud be in the package this way you'll know up front and can set your fee accordingly

Reply by Renee_MI on 8/31/05 5:39am
Msg #62803

when Hud comes via e-mail for o/n docs

Hi, Carole =)
Hoping it is helpful to understand the doc processing & reason for Huds coming later. Loan pkgs come from the lender (directly or indirectly), and most Huds are done by the T/C. SOP is: lender sends prelim hud to T/C, T/C adds their part & sends back to lender for approval, lender may revise some things - can go back and forth ridiculous number of times, generally is last doc to be finalized.

By sending out the package, sans Hud, they're really HELPING you (especially when it's over-nighted). If they have to wait for final Hud - easily changes whole game to e-docs pkg, last minute deal. So - sending o/n pkg and following w/ e-mailed Hud = Less stress, more time to prep & organize - and for me, that all has value and the value is, to me, definitely worth printing out a Hud, plus!

When I am faced with time crunch and e-mail pkg isn't in, I will ASK them "If you're just waiting for final Hud, can I have the PKG and you send me the Hud when it's finished?" Even if the Hud has to arrive with all the T/C docs attached - I'm happy to have had the time to print the lender's pkg and look it over.

Maybe helps provide a different perspective =)

Reply by caroleMI on 8/31/05 6:17am
Msg #62806

Re: when Hud comes via e-mail for o/n docs

Thanks Reene, you did help me put this in perspective. This was my first signing with this company and the HUD coming at a different time kind of blew me way. I had never seen the HUD sent separately. Apparently it si done alot, so now I know the rest of the story. LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.