Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Some of the Questions on this board are .....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/25/05 10:50am
Msg #61645

showing a great deal of stupidity on the parts of the person asking. READ, READ, READ, then ask a question. Please don't call yourself a signing agent until you have a CLUE.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/25/05 10:59am
Msg #61653

Posting anonymously is, too.

If someone reads and doesn't comprehend, please ask. This board is here for that reason.
I would rather ask a question and ignore the stupid, rude comments from people posting anon rather than not know the answer. There are quite a few experienced SA's on this board who will be glad to help. I have over 2 years exp. and appreciate the knowlege and response from the reputable (not anon) SA's posting. I learn something new everyday! Thank you!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 8/25/05 11:00am
Msg #61654

Please post your name, state and a link to your profile.

Reply by Glenn_CA on 8/25/05 11:06am
Msg #61656

The only stupid questions is .......

The one that is not asked.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/25/05 6:51pm
Msg #61807

Re: The only stupid questions is .......

That may be true , but it doesn't mean all questions are appropriate for all places.

Asking how to complete an acknowlegement in a notary training class is appropriate. Asking how to complete an acknowlegement on this board, because you've lined up your first signing but haven't actually bothered to retain any of the information you needed to pass your notary exam, well that's pretty stupid.

Reply by Marie_MN on 8/25/05 11:07am
Msg #61657

I TOTALLY AGREE, ASK QUESTIONS!!! I have over 3 years experience and love to help anyone who needs help. I also use this board for help when I need advise or direction on where to find things.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 8/25/05 11:19am
Msg #61664

No there aren't any stupid questions. However there are basics that one should know before they begin performing notorial acts. It is crucial to know your state laws and to study your state handbook. There's absolutely no excuse for someone in lets say CA where education and a state test is required to earn your commision to come on and ask how to fill out an ack or jurat. The first thing we should consult when we have a question is the state handbook. For those states who don't have a handbook (if there are any) there's always study materials available from the NNA.

Reply by buylamb on 8/25/05 11:18am
Msg #61663

I have 20 years experience and still ask questions, as things are NOT static. The day you feel that you know it all....you are dumber than you know. You are ripe for major errors.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/25/05 11:23am
Msg #61667

Re: Love the Feedback to My Comment!

I didn't say don't ask a question!

Reply by buylamb on 8/25/05 11:38am
Msg #61672

No you did not say that BUT.....You clearly inferred that stupidity is the source of many questions. Quite a value judgement.... given the fact that you do not know the situation of the person asking. Many on here seem to be starting out and even though they have done notarial acts for a while; they are still needing a bit of support and encouragement. It does not mean they are stupid.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/25/05 11:51am
Msg #61674

Sometimes we are in a hurry, because we have to go to signing and we can't find the answer when we do a search. So of course we are going to ask a question. I love asking questions because I get a lot of responses back. I love this site and Anonymous people like you make newbies not want to ask questions. But all of you out there that have a question go ahead and post it don't let people like this discourage you!!!!!! That's why there are forums to post questions. Anonymous if you don't like it go elsewhere... But as long as NR is up I'm going to keep asking and answering questions.

Reply by buylamb on 8/25/05 11:57am
Msg #61675

Are you aware that you posted your response to anonymous......anonymously????

Reply by Anonymous on 8/25/05 12:00pm
Msg #61677

And

Reply by buylamb on 8/25/05 12:18pm
Msg #61683

you stated. "and anonymous people like you, make newbies....." Are you also "like" them? you did post anonymously.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/25/05 12:39pm
Msg #61689

Re: Since knowone understands where I am coming from...

Are some questions more worthy of an answer than others? Somebody needs to reply to Piggyback and Countrywide.......posted today.

Reply by yoyo on 8/25/05 1:04pm
Msg #61701

I said people like you, meaning this person not anonymous people. Get it straight. I posted anonymous because I felt like it , I didn't know that I needed your permission! Did you read anything where I put newbies down NO, so I quess I'm not like the other anonymous.

I don't have time to go back and forth with stupid little agruments, I'm a grown person not a kid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.