Notary Rotary
Spanish
Notary Discussion History

Spanish
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Deborath on 8/16/05 11:05pm
Msg #59551

Spanish

I am a new Notary and so far I am very happy because most of my clients are hispanic and this is a good begining for me since it's a little bit harder in english for me.
It's some one else who had the same experience as me?

Please share with me your experience.

Reply by LPJuan on 8/17/05 1:26am
Msg #59565

I am also a new Notary and I have found that being bi-lingual is a great advantage, but it does have it's downside. I get a lot more questions about the loan from my Spanish signers, which I have to defer to the loan officer. As long as I can call the loan officer to talk to the signer, I don't have many issues.

Reply by Ted_MI on 8/17/05 3:39pm
Msg #59691

Hi Deborath,

First, let me say that when you post in the future you should indicate what state you are from, just like I am Ted from Michigan. It makes it easier to respond as some questions require very state-specific responses.

My background is somewhat different than yours as English is my native language, although my Spanish is not too shabby. So far I have done three signings in Spanish, two of which were totally in Spanish. I must admit they were tiring as i have to really think when I speak Spanish; not so much when I speak English.

It seems to me that heh if your Spanish is better than your English that is very fortunate that your first signings have been with Hispanic borrowers. Hopefully that trend will continue until you reach the point that you are more comfortable handling signings in English.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/17/05 3:47pm
Msg #59694

Re: Spanish - question...

which reminds me of a situation...I was told by two different SSs that I could do a signing for Spanish speaking borrowers as long as there was an interpretor...is that true? As it turns out one got another notary to do it and the other fell thru. I thought that this was not allowed, because I don't know what he would tell them?

Reply by Dave_CA on 8/17/05 4:53pm
Msg #59721

I don't know about other states but we may not use an interpreter.
I've had to turn down several signings just in the last few weeks.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/17/05 5:01pm
Msg #59723

thanks Dave, can't find anything on AL, we have (I think) the most laxed laws here!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.