Notary Rotary
TITLESER/SETTLEMENT CORP
Notary Discussion History

TITLESER/SETTLEMENT CORP
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Claudia_NJ on 8/5/05 10:36am
Msg #57125

TITLESER/SETTLEMENT CORP

Has anyone delt with Hope Garabedian from the above company?

I just got hung up on by her because I called to inquire about a missed payment. I got paid for one closing that took place on the same day but not one - let's just say she wasn't having a good day...

From what I have read they run hot and cold with people. You'll get innundated with stuff and then all of a sudden they stop calling.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 8/5/05 10:42am
Msg #57128

I would wait till later or tomorrow and call back hoping it is a better day for them.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/5/05 11:19am
Msg #57133

If this is Title Serv/Settlement Corp out of I believe Woodbury, NY read posts of a few days ago. Someone hasn't been paid since May. My experience with them from a year ago was bad. If a company has to hang up on you over a payment inquiry, I would say they are having problems.

Reply by MJFL on 8/5/05 11:19am
Msg #57134

Read my post yesterday. I am having a terrible problem getting paid. I sent them an email and they told me to wait until the 15th and they would look into invoices from May & June. I asked if they would consider doing it sooner and no reply. By the way, I have talked with Hope. She doesn't cut the checks. Marilyn does. What out if you think Hopes attitude was bad. Marilyn is a saucy English sounding woman and believe you, she controls the conversation. At the end of the day, she will tell you to send her an email so she can research it. I started sending emails in June and still haven't been paid. Good luck.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/5/05 11:28am
Msg #57138

Last year the bookeeper/check writer I thought had a very thick German accent, a Ms. Grant, I'm not sure of her first name (Marilyn?) Nice to know they have the United Nations working for them to stiff notaries. Based on previous posts I don't know the method to their madness for not paying/paying notaries. Maybe you have to be foreign to get paid, or at least have an accent.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 8/5/05 11:54am
Msg #57143

Fax them every hour to get their attention. Then send them a collection letter. If everyone sent them a continual fax it has to spur something in their UN.

Reply by Steve NJ on 8/5/05 3:29pm
Msg #57198

That is a very Racist comment..Maybe you should make sure your white robe is clean for the meeting tomorrow night. Don't want to miss it. Keep those nooses tight, I don't want to get away this time.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/5/05 6:43pm
Msg #57242

Racist? Not at all.

That word is thrown around much too easily. What race did she insult in her comments? Last time I checked, Germans were considered a nationality, not a race. And most of them are white anyway.

Were her comments racist? No. Were they ignorant and jingoistic? Yes.

BTW, I'm as white and All American as they come and I get paid like clockwork from Settlement Corp. You need a new theory Teasa.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/5/05 6:46pm
Msg #57246

Re: Racist? Not at all.

Cali, what the heck does jingoistic mean?

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/5/05 7:09pm
Msg #57250

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingoism

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/5/05 7:38pm
Msg #57251

Cali...remind me to never trade words with you...

your vocabulary is too good...thx for the edumacation.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/6/05 3:26am
Msg #57311

Re: Cali...remind me to never trade words with you...

What can I say, I have a lot of smartitude. I learnded a lot in school.

Just don't ask me any questions about history or science or my cover will be blown!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 8/5/05 8:33pm
Msg #57258

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jingoistic

jin·go·ism
n.

Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Reply by TaxLady on 8/8/05 4:26pm
Msg #57658

Oh brother, n/m

Reply by Mike/NJ on 8/5/05 12:22pm
Msg #57148

You know after reading all the stories about them I am so on the fence now about canceling all of my appointments with them next week.

They are doing the same with me, but I stopped after 4 appointments. ( They need to prove themself first)

This is why I am gun shy about SS's now. seems more and more are getting bad reps.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/5/05 3:03pm
Msg #57187

I have done three for them.
One on 5/31st, one on 6/7 and one on 7/20. They told me they pay the end of the following month - so the one I did on May 31st (didn't fund until June of course) and the one I did on June 7th they sent me out a check which I received on June 30th,
I expect to get payment for the 7/20 at the end of September.

I found Hope to be very pleasant. In fact I am scheduled to do another one for them on Monday.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/5/05 3:16pm
Msg #57191

Re: TITLESER/SETTLEMENT CORP - Oops

That should have been received the check on July 30th, not June 30th.
Based on my experience with them I will take all the signings they want to send me.

Reply by 1 on 8/5/05 3:23pm
Msg #57193

You did not get hung up! Missed payment no you wanted a trip fee so i offered and you will receive a trip fee for $25.. They do not pay $100 for trip fees.. I am sorry and you will recieve a check by the middle of september.
If anyone has questions about Settlement please fee free to contact them and ask for references..
Just like every business you have unsatisfied people.. It is too hard to please everyone but we try to.. We have never not paid closers..
By the way Marilyn is Saucy and Jamaican and she loves it.

Reply by 1 on 8/5/05 3:23pm
Msg #57194

You did not get hung up! Missed payment no you wanted a trip fee so i offered and you will receive a trip fee for $25.. They do not pay $100 for trip fees.. I am sorry and you will recieve a check by the middle of september.
If anyone has questions about Settlement please fee free to contact them and ask for references..
Just like every business you have unsatisfied people.. It is too hard to please everyone but we try to.. We have never not paid closers..
By the way Marilyn is Saucy and Jamaican and she loves it.

Reply by Maria Elena on 8/5/05 3:30pm
Msg #57199

Talking about being rude or it is my idea

Sensible ???????

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/5/05 3:36pm
Msg #57201

Re: Talking about being rude or it is my idea

Hmm, I didn't read it as a rude response. Or am I missing something.
I assume the response was from someone at Settlement Corp, saying they don't pay $100 trip fee (I don't know anyone who does).

Reply by Samantha on 8/5/05 3:40pm
Msg #57202

I think the comment about being a racist is rude..
He/She from Sett Corp. is being honest

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/5/05 3:45pm
Msg #57205

Ah, the response about being rude wasn't a response to Sett. Corps reply, but to someone elses reply.

Sometimes it is hard to figure what a message is in response to.

Reply by Tara_Fisbein on 8/5/05 3:51pm
Msg #57208

I understand that you are upset but there is a difference..You don't have to put specific names on the message boards you could have put last name or first name not both.. How would you like it if they put all of your info on here?

Reply by Blueink_CA on 8/5/05 9:21pm
Msg #57265

Re: TITLESER/SETTLEMENT CORP

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.