Notary Rotary
TitleGal...have question for you.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by dc_oh on 8/15/05 10:53pm
Msg #59286

I see your posts here all the time so I wanted to ask your opinion....

A title co has requested that I come in and meet with them because they are looking for reliable closers in my area. I don't have any appts for tomorrow, so thought I'd make it a marketing day. There are 6 other tc's in that area. I'm wondering if it would be better to call these other companies and ask permission to visit or just show up. What do you think?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/15/05 11:17pm
Msg #59299

Just my opinion...most E/O's I work with have pretty full days, just like all of us; and the good established E/O's have closers they work with already and don't want unexpected visitors looking for their business - they get 'hit on' all the time. Not trying to discourage you...just sort of the facts of life.

With that being said, I think you should go for it! You have nothing to lose and the best things happen to people who are willing to take RISKS in spite of the odds. You never know...maybe there's a new officer there with a light day, and maybe not a lot of established contacts. I can't suggest a way to "make contact" other than to have your marketing materials, look ultra professional, stress your experience and try to get some dialog going - with anybody.

The good news is that most title companies are so customer service oriented, they have a hard time turning anybody away without some sort of contact, so you'll probably get to talk with somebody. Do your thing, and good luck!

Reply by dc_oh on 8/15/05 11:30pm
Msg #59305

Thanks for your input. I've called several in my area and they rarely say no to me faxing over my info. However, this hasn't been extremely successful. I've only gained 2 more tc's this way. Maybe face to face will work better. I'll give it a whirl! By the way, have you ever gone to any Chamber of Commerce meetings in your area? The one here lists the professions of people that come to the marketing events and there seems to be several loan officers. Maybe I'll stop by there too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.