Notary Rotary
To Charles - In response to you previous post
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Sherry B on 8/2/05 2:43pm
Msg #56452

I too agree with most of what you are saying but I just dont see what I can personally do to clean things up. As far as SS getting paid late...I can give you a perfect example...Today, I JUST received $4000 in payment for the month of June from one of my clients...I did pay all of the closers even though I wan not paid. It DEFINATELY happens...take my word. I have outstanding invoices totalling $5000 from one TC (Atlas Title - OH BEWARE) that I am currently in a legal battle to collect and yes again...all SA's have been paid.

Maybe if we all use our heads, we can come up with ways to make TC's and SS's accountable for non payment, etc. Any suggestions would be great because I am in the same boat as the SA except on a grander scale...LOL

Reply by Charles_CA on 8/2/05 7:46pm
Msg #56515

Hi Sherry:

I'm pleased to make you aquaintance. I have been in business most of my life and collections are always a problem. I am usually very aggressive and so I keep delinquent accounts to a minimum. It just struck me that there was an awful lot of noise regarding collections on this board. Also I believe that with so many new notarys out there that there is the possibility to take advantage of their naivite. Judging from some of the posts I wonder that some of them are able to get out of bed in the monrning witout being told how.

I am a commercial real estate agent and I rarely have a problem getting money out of escrow: I usually get my comission check when everything closes and that is usually about two or three days after the property funds. So I am surprised to hear that Signing Services have a problem getting paid by the Title Companies. It is entirely plausible that title comapnies may want to cut checks for multiple services on a monthly basis. I pick and chose title companies I do business with on an arbitrary basis: they must have their own title plant. So maybe I avoid the smaller more poorly funded ones. Anyway if you'd like to share additional ideas and take this discussion off the board feel free to email me at [e-mail address]. I know that there are ethical companies out there we just don't hear about them as often because they do just what they are supposed to when they are supposed to. Since you don't hide behind an alias you must be one of good ones.

Best regards,
Charles

Reply by Sheila in Ohio on 8/3/05 2:32am
Msg #56547

I'm so glad you paid your closers. A+ Ohio Signing Services out of Columbus spent all of their money and told me they would have to get new clients before I could get paid. Now I'm going to court again, just to get paid for work that I did (correctly)

Reply by SherryB on 8/3/05 3:07pm
Msg #56693

That is RIDICULOUS!!!! I would call the BBB and anyone else who will listen...those are the type of agencies who give my company a bad name!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.