Notary Rotary
To J in CA
Notary Discussion History

To J in CA
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by ColleenCA on 8/11/05 11:08am
Msg #58296

To J in CA

Hi J: We are leaving Sunday to take the boy to Humboldt State. Just curious, how is the weather? Just wanted to know if I should pack shorts or sleeves. Thanks!

Reply by J in CA on 8/11/05 4:05pm
Msg #58382

Hi Colleen

The weather this summer has been excellent. Foggy in the morning, but clear and sunny every day. This is rare. Usually it is foggy all day long. It is supposed to continue being nice thru the weekend, haven't heard much about next week. In Humboldt it is always best to have both shorts, and long sleeves on hand!
If you have any questions about resturants or anything else, let me know.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/12/05 8:18am
Msg #58497

Re: Hi Colleen

Thanks J, I'll pack for both! We rented a cabin in Emerald Forest so we will be doing alot of cooking there. We plan on going to that German restaurant again (can't remember the name of it) but excellent food. We have such a busy week with orientation at the school! Anyway, thanks again for the weather report.

Reply by J in CA on 8/12/05 12:37pm
Msg #58586

Re: Hi Colleen

Rolfs is closed! I believe that is the German resturant you are referring to, in Orick. Maybe you should try Larrupins instead. It is very good, but you need rerservations.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/12/05 1:01pm
Msg #58596

Re: Oh no...

is the closed one the restaurant located at the beginning of the road to the fern gardens? It also had a small motel attached to it.

Reply by J in CA on 8/12/05 2:13pm
Msg #58638

Yep, closed, as far as I know.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/12/05 2:20pm
Msg #58645

Wow, as I understood it they had been around for a very long time. I'm so disappointed. We had the best lunch there last year and then on to the fern gardens which were incredible!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.