Notary Rotary
Victoreia Ring - Update
Notary Discussion History

Victoreia Ring - Update
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Bob-Chicago on 8/2/05 7:38am
Msg #56349

Victoreia Ring - Update

THere was a thread on 7-31 regarding some bad info on Vring's newsletter regarding document dates.
My only contact w/ VR was in LasVegas as previously reported
However, I am informed that the error was brought to her attention and a correction will be included in her next newsletter
Hopefully, she will start having her info checked by a knowledgeable NSA prior to publishing in the future
She has wide circulation, and once bad info is out, someone may act on it or not see the later correction.

Reply by Allison B/SCal on 8/2/05 8:44am
Msg #56357

Why Go Out of Your Way to Post Like this?

I don't get it: This type of post is downright mean. I've read enough on three boards about this gal - some good and some bad. The point's been made a million times by the same ole posters who seem to "have it out" for this lady. Books and publications on subjects like being a successful signing agent CAN BE subjective. And talk about bad info! Look at all the bad info that circulates on this board and others for goodness sakes! I don't understand you Bob -getting up this morning and going out of your way to start a thread like this. :X

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 8/2/05 9:17am
Msg #56362

You seem to have missed my point

If you read thid post together w/ 7-31 thread, it was actually somewhat of a complement to VRing
She is starting to work with knowledgeable NSAs
She corrects a mistake when it is brought to her attention
Her business should be even more successful if she endeavors to combine solid NSA info with her good marketing info
To paraphrase Adam Smith, "Good information drives bad information out of circulation.
My goal is to get as much good info as I can out to the NSA community, by whatever means possible.
Posting when I can on this and other boards, speaking at the NNA conventions, and suggesting to those who publish NSA info that they publish accurate info and correct themselves when they learn that they have not.

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/2/05 9:17am
Msg #56363

Re: Why Go Out of Your Way to Post Like this?

I have always felt that Bob has defended Victoria Ring and that was how I took this post.
His point being that some of the new notaries reading her newsletters may take the information and think it is what they should do. I felt he was only trying to protect them.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 8/2/05 12:41pm
Msg #56407

Back off, Allison.

Bob's kind of post is sorely needed. Too many people think Victoria Ring is a good source of information. Marketing, yes. Notarial procedure, no.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/2/05 1:35pm
Msg #56428

Re: Why Go Out of Your Way to Post Like this?

Allison 'B/S' Cal has a bad habit of sticking her foot into her big and mightily ignorant mouth. Ignore most of what she says. Mean spirited and angry at the world and those more successful than she.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/2/05 3:08pm
Msg #56460

Re: Talk about BAD INFO???

Allison you've obviously got a lot to learn. When I read your posts I am stuck somewhere between my mouth hanging open in disbelief at your obvious ignorance of this industry and the realization that certain 'classes' can so effectively dupe an adult.

I know you'll need a new job soon so let me help you out... the bobblehead on my dashboard just broke and I need a new 'yes' man.

Since you have made it your business to champion for the cause of the newbies, the INDUSTRY, and it's pawns... let me just say that you have done the newbies a great disservice by discouraging the frequent 'very educated' posters of this board. Maybe if you keep up your GREAT WORK they just might take their wealth of information elsewhere to a place that ungrateful board leaches like you can't get their FREE INFORMATION and then spout it like you know what you are talking about.

Of course this is just my own opinion... Have a super day. By the way.. there is a poster that wants a mentor... you should call them! The world needs more people out there just like you! MMP

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/2/05 3:12pm
Msg #56462

LOL! I remember my Dad had a bobbling dog in the back window...memories

I agree with you that she has no clue, no class and a huge chip on her shoulder that she keeps trying to get a professional to knock off. I think the ignore from the anon poster was good advice. But then...you know me Smiley

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/2/05 4:13pm
Msg #56473

Yes, ignoring is good advice. Unfortunately... before I had kids I worked in big business and the motto is... you have to counteract the poison. One bad apple can spoil the bunch despite all our efforts to ignore it and say... we don't smell that stinkin' bad apple. My instinct is to call a spade a spade...

Others... including newbies WILL read Alison's posts and lose respect for the individuals that make this industry great. She spouts a lot of loose 'facts' that she picked up on the sidelines somewhere but the knowledge doesn't run under the surface (it was gleaned not grown) and that's how you can tell that she hasn't a clue.

I am always careful of people that have just enough information to be dangerous.... but I promise... I will TRY REALLY HARD to ignore her from now on.

Maybe someone can add it to 33325 "Beware of Allison Bad Apple" Smiley

Reply by WF-CA on 8/2/05 4:35pm
Msg #56479

Hi Angelina: Fortunately for us newbies, we have people like yourself, Charm/AL, Ernest, Sylvia, PAW, (don't mean to leave anyone out) etc. to listen/read & look up to. If you spend any time on this site, you know which posters are seriously helpful. Thanks to all of you!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/2/05 4:55pm
Msg #56485

Hey thanks WF... I agree with you about Charm, Ernest, Sylvia, PAW... I don't put myself in their category because I don't deserve to be. If you want to hear a story or a joke or have a long energetic argument about 'how and what and why' then I'm your girl.

Most of the time I try to stay out of the role of advisor even when I know the answer because I get too wordy and end up confusing the person. Then I watch Sylvia come in and say the same thing in 20 words or less and I go... yeah... that's what I meant!

I have been around the block and I do love this job... I really value the information and the people on this board. It is a solitary job for some of us and this board provides a sort of 'lunchroom of co-workers'. I don't like it when people come in and fart in the lunchroom (like Allison) and I think that it is important to not let our ego's run away with our good sense and insult those who walked before us and have the generosity to share their hard-earned knowledge.

Reply by WF-CA on 8/2/05 5:04pm
Msg #56488

Angelina-for you

Well, you may not put yourself in their category, but I have learned a lot from your postings & have laughed myself silly at some of them (I mean the humorous ones!). I really value the info & people as well. It's all been helpful to me--I am hoping that this will be my new career. I've been an insurance agent for 29 years & that's enough. I am starting out slowly, but intend to eventually retire from insurance. Thanks for the time you take on this site!
Wendy

Reply by christiSocal on 8/2/05 5:12pm
Msg #56489

Angelinaaz: fart in the lunchroom! LOL that was great ; - )

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/2/05 6:57pm
Msg #56505

"fart in the lunchroom"....perfect description of the drop-in-and-fart-girl, AllisonB.

Nice way to wrap it up Angelina...in that oh-so-special way that you have! I think everybody (at least me) loves your posts so much because you're so REAL!

Maybe Allison just needs a good dose of.....beano.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/3/05 1:04am
Msg #56539

Re: Love it... Beano! Hugh????

So Allison... and others like her....

there will 'be no' farting in the lunchroom!

there will 'be no' insulting of the teachers!

there will 'be no' cheating on the tests with information copied from the person next to you!

there will 'be no' more bad attitude posting from bad apples like you!!!

from me to you.... Angelina

Hugh... do you care to help me out here???? I do not have such a big ego that I think there 'be no' help needed here!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/3/05 1:07am
Msg #56540

I have a liquor store...

Well... liquor cabinet... but it's really big!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/3/05 1:09am
Msg #56541

I have a bass boat...

but I am kind of a pro life kind of person so if you catch 'em... you'll have to take a picture with them and throw them back!

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/2/05 8:55am
Msg #56359

Re: Victoria Ring - Update

That's great! I think having her work edited by an experienced NSA is important to the industry as a whole.

Reply by hcampers/fl on 8/2/05 11:43am
Msg #56397

I think Bob/Chicago was just giving an update. I didn't sound like he was bashing her at all. Maybe you (Allison) should subscribe to her newsletter and see some of the information being put out and then share your thoughts? I do get the newsletter and have gotten some great info and some that really was stupid. I can weed through it. Some people can't. They then need an update ie: Bob/Chicago

Reply by Giselle_CA on 8/2/05 12:21pm
Msg #56400

When I read Bo/Chicago's post I didn't feel he was bashing anyone. He was just giving an update and eventhough I don't know the information in Ms. VR's newsletter, I think it is great that she will have experienced people edit the information before publishing it. It is the proper steps on any kind of writing, specially if there have been any information in the past published people know to be wrong. IMHO.

Reply by FranMac54 on 8/3/05 8:16am
Msg #56561

Folks, the majority of us use these boards to check for bad signing companies/title agencies. We see the same group mis-using it for a playground of personal opinion. Don't you guys have any real work to do today? Or tomorrow? Enough about Ms. Ring, 50 State lifetime membership, the convention, etc. Most of us didn't want to go or couldn't afford to go. This board is not your personal chat room so please move on. Your rhetoric is making it increasingly difficult for us to find valuable information. Further, some of you are very crude in your postings. Do you talk like that to the borrower?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.