Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
WAAAY OT..To Jump or Not to Jump...opinions pls...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Bonnie_CO on 8/25/05 1:33pm
Msg #61721

A good friend of ours did his 1st solo jump (parachute) on Sat. Now he's talked my husband and a couple of other guys he works with into trying it, however, my hubby wants me to jump with him. My hubby is a pilot and I enjoy going up with him when he goes to do airtime and practice power off stalls and touch and goes, (a power off stall is way more exciting than any rollercoaster ever made!), but I've never really seen any GOOD reason to jump out of a perfectly good plane. So here are my thoughts:
A- Go for it-U only live once
B- Are U nuts???You have kids at home!
C- U are HOW OLD? ....15?? ( actually 42)
or
D-I might actually like it then I'd want to do it all the time...
Anyone ever jumped? If so... What was it like? Would U do it again or even would you do it a 1st time?
Thanks for the opinions in advance....

Reply by Art_MD on 8/25/05 1:40pm
Msg #61724

Re: one vote for "D" N/M

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 8/25/05 1:41pm
Msg #61725

Thanks Art!

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/25/05 2:06pm
Msg #61732

Life is short, fun or no fun, I think the time together with your hubby is what matter.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/25/05 2:13pm
Msg #61735

When I was in the Army and was invited by the "snake eaters", (Green Berets), to join them for a jump, the standard responsse was that "the only things that comes out of the sky are bird$h&t and idiots. I am not about to jump out of a perfectly good airplane "
But , hey, I had young kids then. If given the chance again, I might just go for it.
Good luck and Happy (safe) landing

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/25/05 3:07pm
Msg #61747

My husband has a plane also and I love to fly with him. I have flown ultralights in the past...but jump out...not this chick! You will just have to choose for yourself. I can't wait to hear.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/25/05 3:09pm
Msg #61748

After flying around in a light plane, in Colorado, you may find the skydiving boring. Especially the waiting around for the wind to ease off. Plus your first few static-line jumps are over in a heartbeat. That said, Go for it!!

Reply by KathiAZ on 8/25/05 3:50pm
Msg #61758

I would say no.
We just had another death here at Marana Air Park. A young guy 11 days from his 21st birthday, on hid first solo jump, got tangled in his chutes and just did a 3000 ft free fall to the tarmac.....
You may only live once, but why tempt fate.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 8/25/05 6:20pm
Msg #61794

I'm sorry to hear that. I know these things happen, we take sometimes foolish risks everyday, (around here that means just getting in your car to drive LOL) I appriciate your honest opinion.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 8/25/05 6:24pm
Msg #61795

Thanks for all your input!

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the great opinions! Sure do have some great people on this board! Now that all is said and done, I'm REALLY curious to see if what Les said is true, about it being boring after flying small palnes in Colorado...had some close calls with wind shears at times....so I think I'm gonna go for it! Thanks everbody!

Reply by Les_CO on 8/25/05 10:57pm
Msg #61903

Re: Thanks for all your input!

Try it and see. I 'm not putting down skydiving, just my opinion. I really think people think the "first jump" is going to be some unbelieveably exciting, exhilarating, experience. Usually the "first timers are so busy trying to remember what to do, and when to do it, that it's over before your mind kicks in. They are so busy doing a 'hard arch' that they don't notice the chute opening. But pretty coming down. I think the "courage' factor is the primary incentive. If you get past the first 6 jumps, and like it, thats different.

Call me a coward, but I ain't about to go bungy jumping!!!

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 8/26/05 8:10am
Msg #61950

Re: Thanks for all your input!

What you're saying makes a lot of sense! I think if I get past the 1st jump, it's one of those things I'm gonna like, if nothing else for the adrenelin rush! I think my 1st love will still be flying, (other than my horses!), nothing tastes quite as good as a $100.00 hamburger from McDonalds, or whatever resturant is near the airstrip! (more like $150-200 now with the cost of fuel). I do have to agree wholeheartedly (sp), about bungee jumping though! I didn't even try that when they had it at the State Fair a few years back! (and they say women don't go through a "second childhood)LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.