Notary Rotary
What a messed up company!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/15/05 12:01pm
Msg #59143

Either this company is completely messed up - or I got all of their screw-ups at once.

International Mortgage called me on Thursday afternoon. They needed one signing done that night, and another one th next day. I told them I already had a signing booked for 7pm, but I could do theirs about 8:30. They said no problem - call the borrower to let her know and we'll send you the docs.

I called the borrower and left a message - said the docs were on the way and I could be there around 8:30 so please call me. I printed the docs and took them with me. While I was finishing up my 7pm; someone from International Mortgage called me and asked if I did the signing yet. I said their borrower never called me back. He said he would call her himself and get back to me. He didn't

Since the borrower lived near me, I by the house on my way home. The front door was open, lights and TV were on - but no one would come to the door. I called International Mortgage (IM) and left a message. Then I went home.

No calls from IM. I called them at 10am and they said someone would call me back. they didn't. Then the borrower calls me. She says she is in San Jose! It was her maid who was home and she doesn't speak English. She says she never called me back because 8:30 wasn't convenient for her. She wouldn't be back in town for two weeks. So I called IM back and they told me to fed-ex the docs back. I included an invoice for the e-doc printing.

A few hours later they ask me to do another signing - this one at 2pm. I didn't think I could make it by 2, so we agreed on 2:30. Printed out the docs and went on my way. Well, I got there early, 2:10, but the borrower's wife, who was only on the quit claim, wouldn't be home until 3:30. He says he told IM she wouldn't be home until 3:30 and they said, no problem. I called IM and told them that I absolutely could not wait until 3:30 - I had to pick up my daughter from camp. So IM asks me to do the signing and someone will call me back to arrange for the QC to get notarized. They didn't.

Well Mr. Borrower gets as far as the settlement statement and decides he is not going to sign, he was already upset that I was there before 3:30 and now the cash back was not what he was promised. So I called IM back and told them I was going to drop the docs off at fed-ex. I included invoicing for printing the e-docs and for travel.

So at 5pm IM calls me and asks me to go back to this borrower - says he's ready to sign. I told them I already returned the docs. So, she says, okay, we will e-mail you the docs again. I told her to forget it - I can't work for them. They caused me too much stress for one 24 hour period.

SO finally - my questions are - have any of you worked for these people successfully? Was my experience with them just bad luck?

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/15/05 1:11pm
Msg #59158

I've done one for them, no problems.

Reply by Linda/NoCA on 8/15/05 3:42pm
Msg #59175

No,you are not the only one. I still have a signing that I haven't been paid for that I did in April. I did another not thinking so I am wondering if I will get paid for either one. Anyone else having a problem with payment from them?
Linda

Reply by Anonymous on 8/15/05 7:09pm
Msg #59221

Oh no - I have a bad feeling I won't get paid either. She sounded so completely surprised that I didn't want to re-print the docs and go back to the borrower's - at rush hour - on a Friday - after I just picked up my kid from camp.

I talked to Tiffany and Diana, the LO was Rob but he never returned any of my calls. Do you know who you were dealing with? Tiffany seemed nice enough, but Diana was a not exactly Miss. Congeniality.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.