What is your cutoff for e-docs if any?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Cris_AR on 8/4/05 2:16pm
Msg #56941

Hi just curious what is a good cutoff?
I do not have a confirmation for an assignment today (I have one for a few days ago that no one bothered to tell me canceled until I called).
I need to leave for another assignment by 3;00 my time, it is 2:15 and I do not plan on coming back to the office for this particular assignment at 5:00.
Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/4/05 2:26pm
Msg #56944

That is determined on an individual basis (imo)
If I know I have a 5 pm apt and accept a 6:30, I tell them that I need them by 4pm or I have to do the signing later. That gives me half hour to print and half hour to get to the 5pm. If the docs aren't there, I go after I call the borrower to tell them I am not prepared to close on time and reschedule for later dependent on e-docs of course.
I've set different times for the cut-off but if I don't have an appt before that particular one, I like to have the docs at least an hour before I have to go. I have waited past the appt time for e-docs if I have no other appt.

Reply by LilyMD on 8/4/05 3:13pm
Msg #56964

I pretty much can say I follow the same guideline as Charm. I usually try to not have late edocs conflict with other appts. but sometimes................................................

Reply by Mike/NJ on 8/4/05 3:23pm
Msg #56970

All depends whats on the slate. If we have other appointments I give a 2.5 hour drop time. I am polite about it as it maybe out of there control and if the documents are going to be after the drop time they may need to find another notary or reschedule for later that day.

Reply by Cris_AR on 8/4/05 3:59pm
Msg #56983

2 loans (e-docs) and as stated I have another engagement, just spoke with SS (very nice) and she cannot confirm a time for signing, maybe 6:00 now, she said she would call and if I am not busy I can do it. I will do what I can. Thanks for your replies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.