Notary Rotary
What's a fair charge...
Notary Discussion History

What's a fair charge...
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 8/5/05 12:30pm
Msg #57150

What's a fair charge...

I finished printing and checking 300 pages (a 150 set for the borrower) for a loan signing I'm doing later today when I got an email stating the Lender had made corrections. Instead of just sending the corrections, they sent the entire 150 pages again! I do not have the time nor the desire to sort through the documents to find out which ones changed so I printed the entire package again including the borrowers copy. What would you charge extra for this?

Reply by DM/CA on 8/5/05 12:44pm
Msg #57158

I charge $25 for e-docs. If I have to re-print due to the lender's error I let them know there will be an additional $25 print fee.

Reply by ColleenCA on 8/5/05 12:47pm
Msg #57159

Did you tell them you had already printed the entire package and to please send only the corrected pages? If so, I would charge them your edoc printing fee. If not, then give a calland tell them. Feel them out for what they are willing to do. Good luck.

Reply by BLE on 8/5/05 1:14pm
Msg #57168

That would be another $25 edoc fee for me. I would requiest a new order stating the new fee.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 8/5/05 2:08pm
Msg #57176

Reprint needs a new printing fee. Same as the original. You did the work and paid for the paper, printer, and toner and depreciation. Don't feel sorry for their mistake.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 8/5/05 6:19pm
Msg #57238

Thanks everyone. I plan to do exactly as all of you suggested. Unfortunately, I just came back from the borrower and he refused to sign because the Lender and TC had everything screwed up. There were three versions of the HUD from the time I started to actually getting one faxed at the borrowers house. You would think they would have figured it out by then but NO the last one was still screwed up! I hope I get paid for all of this!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.