What viewer opens an elx file? N/M
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by MistarellaFL on 8/8/05 9:30am
Msg #57540

What viewer opens an elx file? N/M

Reply by Sandi on 8/8/05 9:45am
Msg #57545

According to fileext.com ....

it's a Design Pro Tools Form file ... here's the link so you can check it out for yourself

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=.elx

Reply by Sandi on 8/8/05 10:05am
Msg #57549

Ignore my entry above ...

On an application for a SS I just happened to be checking out after answering your question, the program name "ELYNX" (with a document suffix of .elx) was included along with other document viewing programs.

I'm pretty sure this is the one you'd want.

Sorry about earlier, incorrect answer.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/8/05 10:11am
Msg #57551

Re: Ignore my entry above ...

Yes, it is the elynx that is needed. I have already e-mailed the print utility to Misty.

Reply by Sandi on 8/8/05 10:18am
Msg #57555

Sylvia_FL ....

does the printing require a PCL compatible printer? (Some of these programs can print on nonPCL compatible printers if VIEW is used ... others cannot.)

If it does not (require a PCL-compatible printer), I'd appreciate receiving a copy of the PRINT utility, as well .... to " [e-mail address] " ...

Thank you kindly. Smiley

Reply by PAW_Fl on 8/8/05 11:10am
Msg #57568

Re: Sylvia_FL ....

Sandy, et al,

The eLynx print utility is a PCL compliant file printer. That is, files with the .elx extension are PCL instruction files that are sent directly to the default printer. So, whenever you print an .elx file using the eLynx print utility there are some considerations that must be observed:

1. A PCL5e or PCL6 compliant printer
2. The PCL compliant printer must be set as the DEFAULT PRINTER
3. Paper selection (like it is with PDF) is NOT available (in most files). So make sure LEGAL is the DEFAULT paper.

The email you receive with the .elx file should contain a link to download the correct eLynx print utility. If not, you can download one at http://www.pawnotary.com/download/elynxprintutlity.exe

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/8/05 10:45am
Msg #57563

Re: According to fileext.com ....

This is where I downloaded the print utility:

http://www.24-7nnn.com/download_elynx/

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/8/05 10:50am
Msg #57565

Sylvia, the attatchment never came through

with the email. I can print the docs, but they are not coming out on the right size paper. All is being printed on letter. I can't view the docs, only print. The SS sent them over in PDF, but they told me I could get more signings from them if I had the Elynx viewer/printer from certain lenders. So for now I have all the docs printed, but would like to see about getting this program to run correctly. Gotta run to the signing for now, be back late, but thank you!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/8/05 11:13am
Msg #57569

Re: Sylvia, the attatchment never came through

Hmm some e-mail programs will delete attachments!
Download the program from Paul's site - check his message above.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/8/05 10:09pm
Msg #57760

Re: What viewer opens an elx file?

Paw is right. ***The email you receive with the .elx file should contain a link to download the correct eLynx print utility.***

I have always received the the link with eLynx docs. Never not had it happen.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.