Notary Rotary
Which is a "better" loan signing class?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Christi San Diego on 8/5/05 12:37pm
Msg #57153

CSNP is offering a loan signing class for $65 +$40 materials + $30 for test. ($130 total)

National Notary is offering a class for $149 and then if I want certification I can go online for $45. $149 includes a one year membership to their site. ($200 includes parking)

Opinions from anyone who has taken either course or other advice would be appreciated.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/5/05 12:59pm
Msg #57163

Just my opinion, after being in this business for several years. But the Signing Registry has the best training manual.
www.signingregistry.info

Reply by Christi SanDiego on 8/5/05 1:06pm
Msg #57165

Thanks for the reply- after doing a search on this board- I saw the referral to SR and actually went to their site and checked it out, it appears to be work on your own. I would like to interact with others. I picked up quite a bit that way at the notary class.

The benefit I think I see with National notary class is that they have a more informative website and CSNP website seems really basic. I took the CSNP notary class and I passed, which is ultimately the goal, but I really had to educate myself with the state handbook.

Reply by calchape on 8/5/05 1:26pm
Msg #57169

I went through "Notaryclasses.com" and had a great expirience. Also took the Loan signing class from them but was kind of disappointed in that class. I would still recommend the notary class though. Never went through the NNA for classes but bought all my supplies from them and was not impressed at all, will never use them again for that

Reply by Linda/CA on 8/5/05 2:28pm
Msg #57179

www.notaryaccess.org has a mentoring program in Southern California. They service quite a few county's. I think this service would be a better training than any class out there. The notary goes with you and spends time before and after with you. Hope this helps.

Reply by Cris_Ar on 8/5/05 4:23pm
Msg #57217

I agree with Sylvia, Signing Registry has a great Book. I just purchased "Red Hot Loan Signings" from AMR, have not had a chance to get to it.
NNA was ok, I just did not soak up much info.

Reply by julie-MI on 8/5/05 2:59pm
Msg #57186

You specifically mentioned a loan signing classs not a notary class.

You may suprise yourself as many of the veterans that post on this board did not come from a title/lender/real estate background and are successful and there were no classes back then.

You can get a lot of information from these boards. A class does not necessarily mean a good signing agent. Just my 2 cents.

Reply by None on 8/5/05 8:24pm
Msg #57254

If you think that you need more knowledge about loans there is a lot of free information on the internet about loan documents. Unless you just want to pay someone for information that is free online and at your local library then ok, but I would do some research before I spend money on a class. Good Luck

Reply by AllisonB/SCal on 8/7/05 9:20am
Msg #57457

I took the all-day seminar for loan signing certification with notaryclasses.com and it was outstanding. I had already been signing for a few years but decided that it was time to get Certified. My income has increased and I am definately working smarter, not harder. I am thinking that maybe the class outcome depends on the instructor ??-- If you're in Southern California, I recommend the San Diego class since that's what I attended; a lot of handouts (something I like), personal interaction, simple ideas on marketing (that WORK), what equipment to buy (no frills) what to say on the phone when "fees" come up (BEST), and we completed several acknowledgements (single signer, power of atty, trustees, split, etc.). I took a look at the NNA, but they charge for every single thing (the class, the book, the test) AND your certification is only good for 2? years? What a ripoff -- it's not like loan docs change every 2 years plus the fees are outrageous.

Reply by Christi San Diego on 8/8/05 11:52am
Msg #57583

Allison,

THANK YOU!! What you described is EXACTLY what I'm looking for and why I wanted certification! Yes I am in Carlsbad, so San Diego will be perfect.

I appreciate your positive feedback!
Christi

Reply by Allison B on 8/8/05 4:20pm
Msg #57652

Kristi - Here's your info

The instructor is so confident and so enthusiastic, she INVITED the class to email her. Go to www.notaryclasses.com and email her thru the "Do you want to ask the instructor A Question??" link - -just put KELLY ROBINSON in the subject line (or Robertson?), ask whatever you want and it will be forwarded to her. Smart smart lady and fun fun too - you will LUV her class. I have emailed her twice only to recieve a very detailed reply within a day or so. How does she do that with so many students, I don't know!!! PS Be prepared for a very long day - she doesn't quit until the class says, "stop"! Smiley Let me know what you think!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.