Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Wondering...how many do these rate with you?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by TCMN on 8/14/05 11:18pm
Msg #59076

I was just going through numbers since I think I do that when I'm bored and today was a very relaxing day for me....so I was wondering...

How many signings do you average a month/year?

*******I'm averaging 40-65 signings a month (granted this month I've gotten past 30 already the first 2 weeks. Thank you Thank you Thank you "EOM-overflow gods")

What's the average you spend on advertising/marketing a year? And do you think that you are + or - the average? Do you think your could handle more if you marketing more?

*******I'm spending about $400ish/yr in memberships and $1000/yr in marketing. I think should I do more I'd be able to handle it but wouldn't have time to do anything else. I have made it a goal to spend $100 month in marketing and I think that is well worth every penny. I've done this a while and have other ventures that take my time so I can't commit 100% (even though I do this FT, I also run another business FT and have other things also)

Where do you think our industry is going? Are you worried or excited about that? Where do you think it should go to be best for the industry?

*******I think that things will come to change, with the Identity theft issues, but I don't feel we will ever be obsolete. There is no way. People like having people in front fo them and even though things go further and further into wireless/paperless products and services....there are people out there who know...computers are only as smart as the people programming them...and the reason they have errors is that they are in essence...part human.
I don't think we should be federally regulated because for one....I don't want to marry people...god forbid I had to grab something out of my coat and find the groom in the closet with anyone BUT the bride....I'd deck him myself. Then I'd be in jail and couldn't do signings anymore...blah, bah, blah....and where would I be if that happened...I wouldn't get to talk to all those LO who ask me to fax THEM docs also and when I do and they tell me I forgot to have the borrowers sign the Satisfaction of Mortgage or Mortgage Assignment...and tell me I have to go out and have them do that. I would miss making them look like a fool when I have them send me over an email stating that they will pay my additional fee for a trip charge when I ask where they would like me to have the borrowers sign on the document....and they tell my by the "BY" _________________________________
Its___________________________________
xyz financial institution,etc.

I'd be lost with all that fun of having them take the doc over to their underwriter/processor and get them to call me and educate me on the document....and hearing them tell me their LO make a mistake. (by the way....I haven't done any more loans by that LO...go figure)

Just wonding what everyone else thinks.

TIA

Reply by Anonymous on 8/15/05 10:08pm
Msg #59265

I'm newer but have really tried to focus on marketing since I only average about 10-15 loans a month. I'm not complaining but I want to do more. I think that I can be labeled in the "fell-for-the-notaryclasses.com-group, but I was very realistic about what was out there to acheive. Like I said, I try to focus on the marketing when it's slow and research to fine the best way for your dollar. Of course with not doing so many loans, I can't spend too much on advertising. I have heard of a site that is coming out that will be a great resource for notaries for marketing and promoting ones self and I'm going to sign up when it's available. Any help would be nice.

On the industry, I'm not sure where it will go since I've only been doing this for about 5 months, but I'm hanging in there through think and thin.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.