Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Wow did I read things wrong a few weeks ago!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 8/1/05 7:46pm
Msg #56268

I wrote a few weeks ago about a very bad closing where the borrower called her LO as soon as we started the closing and requested that he get there ASAP or she wasn't signing a thing! This was a new local lender for me (I had only done a handful of their loans) and I thought I blew the closing because I just told her the name of the docs she was signing because every time she had a questions she asked her LO and basically ingored me the entire time I was there.

Anyway I had another closing with this Lender and the closing was first schudule at the borrower's home but at the last minute changed to the Lender's office. I thought, Oh great they want to watch me now and they don't trust me.

The closing went well and after the closing the LO (same as from the closing from He!!) asked me to come into his office after the closing. He told me that he wants me to the exclusive Signing Agent for his office! I get these assignments directly from a TC not an SA and ths LO is having a conference call with the TC and his corporate office tomorrow requesting me as their exclusive Signing Agent. I told him I would be happy to do it. He also asked that I tell the TC too. Another LO in the office stopped on my way out and said the same thing, she only wants me to close her loans.

I was so thrilled and thankful for this opportunity. I currently have another SA that I am the first call for a few of their TC's (one which has a local builder and I get all of those deals too)

I know many of you have exclusive deals, how does it work? If a closing is set for a certain day and time and I am not free what happens? I really want to have these exclusive deals but I also can't sit and wait and turn down other business on a maybe. When you are exclusive do they give you a few options for closing dates and times and then schedule with the borrower?

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 8/1/05 8:56pm
Msg #56279

On my exclusive offices, they call me directly and want to know if I'm available on a certain date and time. If I am, I let them know. If I'm not, I let them know when I am available. Sometimes they can change the time, sometimes they can't.

Reply by MJ FL on 8/1/05 9:17pm
Msg #56284

Nancy,

What part of FL are you in? If you end up that your not open, you have my email. I'd love to assist you. Email me if you want my number. I also have builder experience as well as working with TC's exlusively.

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/1/05 9:27pm
Msg #56288

MJ,

I am in SW Florida near Ft Myers, what part of Florida are you in? Sometimes I have some overflow usually EOM and I do not have anyone currently I can refer the SS or TC to call. Many times they will ask. Send me your email address if you are close by my area.

Reply by MJ FL on 8/1/05 9:33pm
Msg #56289

I am in the Tampa area. I go down to Bradenton. Not as far down as you are though. Unless of course the pay was really good or a first and second. Something that would be worth the 2 & 1/2 hour drive. It's great to hear you are doing so well. Keep me in mind if you have anything up here. Continued success!

Reply by SherryB - FL on 8/1/05 10:22pm
Msg #56306

Hey Nancy...I think you and MJ should meet...I work with both of you and you both close loans for builders through me....

I hope this deal that you got won't take you away from us...;(

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/2/05 7:15am
Msg #56346

Sherry, No way, I love the deals I get from you, clean loans and always a pleasure to close. Especially the Builder deals, everyone from the TC to the Builder rep at the local office are wonderful to work with, as are John, Wendy and yourself.

It is funny, MJ and I have just started emailing each other a few days ago and we discovered our connection with SLB.

Reply by SherryB on 8/2/05 9:20am
Msg #56365

Its a small world isn't it? I am glad the two of you are talking. I think that both of you are wonderful SA's and I think you would definately be a valuable resource to eachother!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.