Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Your first signing - do you remember it?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 8/27/05 5:12pm
Msg #62241

and those butterflies? (I still get them - chalk it up to not doing this full time).

Mine was at a hospital. It was a really nice couple, the Mrs. had just had a hysterectomy the day before...I guess when you're in a hospital, you're pretty open about why you're there. It was EOM and a cash out refi. We signed on that little table they have for hospital beds...about 18 inches wide and two feet long. She invited me to sit on her bed and it was a bit of a juggling act to keep things organized with no space on that little table and what space I had on her bed... plus I was nervous about moving around too much and disturbing her, causing any discomfort.

We had to call the LO on my cell at one point because their cash out was double what they had applied for (the SS ended up complimenting me for making the call - I'm thinking...well, what else would I do...they had a question) By the time it was over, I felt like I had just visited a friend in the hospital...they thanked me profusely for being willing to sign them up in such an unlikely place. A very positive experience, to date THE most positive I've had so far...guess it felt like a good 'sign' (pun intended) that I should pursue my business!

What was yours like?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/27/05 5:30pm
Msg #62242

I will never forget my first signing.

I got a call that day that my father had passed away in England. I managed to get through the signing but it was difficult.

Reply by christiSocal on 8/27/05 6:04pm
Msg #62247

My frist 2 were the same day And both sets of borrowers had the same last name! I was so afraid I'd get them mixed up somehow! Sylvia, I'm so sorry about your Dad. That must have been very hard.

Reply by SusanOH on 8/28/05 6:37pm
Msg #62344

Mine was a purchase of all things with a first time home buyer and it was for a title company to boot. Luckily the manager of the title company was a friend of mine and she had gone over the docs with me beforehand. When I got there I just told the buyer and the real estate agent that I had been out of the business for awhile and I might seem a little rusty LOL.
I got stuck on the doc that tells about sevicing the loan. The agent said boy you are rusty aren't you and we all laughed. But I got through it and didn't make any mistakes, thank god.

Since then it's been a coast downhill but I still get nervous with purchases sometimes.

Reply by Amy_CO on 8/27/05 5:57pm
Msg #62244

sorry for bad spelling, holding baby...

my first signing was last night (see post below) i will always remember her. it was like "driving ms. daisy" she had worke for the same rich lady for THIRTY YEARS. she told me i was nice and had a good personality for this type of work. very pleasent first experience.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 8/27/05 6:46pm
Msg #62252

I had been involved in hundreds of loan signings as a Loan Officer before I started doing this full time, so my first signing was nothing special, However I do remember the stench of the house I had to go in, I have yet to be in one that topped that one....yuck.

Reply by AnneSoCA on 8/27/05 7:49pm
Msg #62256

My first signing itself went smoothly, but I had just started out and I hadn't yet bought a printer (I had an Ink Jet). I got a call from a SS and accepted the job. After I hung up, I realized I was going to have to print out the docs! I was so excited to get the job, I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyway, within the space of the one hour I had to leave for the appointment, I ran to Office Depot to get a printer, then went to Fry's (husband said they'd be cheaper, they weren't), then hurried back to Office Depot, bought the printer, came home, installed the software, got my email and printed both sets of docs (100 pages each).

I had to move the signing by about 20 minutes, but the borrower was so nice and everything went great. But MAN was that stressful! : 0

Reply by Anonymous on 8/27/05 8:08pm
Msg #62263

Lee/AR How do I get rid of anonymous? I'll figure it out--eventually. First signing- I did tell him I'd need copies of his ID. He didn't have the copies. Rural area, too late in day to go hunting for someplace with a copy machine (this was before everybody & their grandma had a computer/scanner/printer...tho' I had a copy machine). So... he gave me his DL, SS card, bank & credit card stmts.... the whole 9 yards. I said No! He said "Yes, I want this loan NOW. Mail 'em back"... & gave me $5 to Priority Mail all this back. I was a nervous wreck about having this stuff. He didn't care. This WAS a loooong time ago.

Reply by DonR_NYC on 8/27/05 11:05pm
Msg #62277

Borrower worked as a train conductor for the NYC subway system. Signing was to be at work, so I thought we would meet at the borrower's base and sign there. NO SUCH LUCK. Borrower was late and we had to do the signing on the subway between stops. So we travelled from Brooklyn to the Bronx and back. The SS fee back then was $65.00. Times have sure changed over the last several years. This same SS is still in business but now only pays $50.00.

Needless to say, I don't do their work anymore and I don't ride the subways either.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/27/05 11:45pm
Msg #62281

Whelp...that beats my hospital bed story, Don! :) n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 8/28/05 4:21pm
Msg #62334

Re: Whelp...that beats my hospital bed story, Don! :) n/m

I was shaking in my heels and sweating sooo, it was a piggyback! I just kept telling myself they don't know its my first!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.