Notary Rotary
can open edoc
Notary Discussion History

can open edoc
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by jan/ca on 8/23/05 9:45pm
Msg #61274

can open edoc

Well, since May I've lost 4 signings due to not being able to open dox in time. Tonight's is different, at least I have until Thurs at 3pm to figure this one out. I was able to open the confirmation, that was sent via an attachment and now I can't open the file itself. I've tried saving it to my computer and I've tried to "view" it and still not able to open. What could I be doing wrong?

Reply by lynn on 8/23/05 9:52pm
Msg #61277

Did you try to disable your anti virus program?? Sometimes that works for me.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 8/23/05 9:54pm
Msg #61278

Jan, try to see what type of extension it has. You can do this by right clicking the file and go to properties. Can you see what type of file it is?

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/23/05 9:55pm
Msg #61279

What is the file extension (xxx.doc, xls, pdf, elx, etc)? Sometimes the person who sent you the file may change the file format by accident. It happen to me once where I got a xxx.PFF format instead of PDF. Ask the sender what format it is and if you need to download any special software to view it.

Reply by jan/ca on 8/23/05 10:01pm
Msg #61282

Thanks all, give me a minute and I'll try all the suggestions. Don't want to recontact the ss yet, like to try and figure it out first.....stand by

Reply by Marie_MD on 8/23/05 10:06pm
Msg #61283

Also make sure that you don't have pop-ups blocked, that can cause problems with some docs

Reply by jan/ca on 8/23/05 10:40pm
Msg #61291

I had to get my stepson on the phone. He said he was able to open it straight away, said I might not have the lastest version of Microsoft. He'll make sure I have the updates before tomorrow. Luckily tonight was just getting the contract and the "pre escrow instructions". thanks all

Reply by charlene md on 8/24/05 11:14am
Msg #61348

I had this same problem a week ago. I could view the actual doc in explor, but it would not print. I downloaded acrobat reader and the doument opened. The document was in PDF format (application/octet-stream). Actually, I had this problem once before, and again, I downloaded acrobat reader. Let me know if this works for you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.