Notary Rotary
does anyone have a form for...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by DonnanorthernCA on 8/8/05 10:42pm
Msg #57763

...a prison visit? One of my tenants said he needs a form to allow his son to visit hos brother in prrison and it needs to be notarized

Reply by John_NorCal on 8/8/05 10:45pm
Msg #57765

Donna, that is something that should be provided by an attorney, the prison administration or someone else. That isn't something that you as notary would provide.

Reply by Teresa CA on 8/8/05 11:17pm
Msg #57771

Here is your answer.....

Actually what the person needs is just a letter written by the custodial parent saying that they (whoever is bringing the child) has the parents permission to visit the inmate. They also have to bring original birth certificate with them. The notarization is in the form of an acknowledgement saying that yes the signature on the letter belongs to the custodial parent.

I know this because my brother is in prison and I bring his daughter to visit. The letter must be updated once a year.

Reply by Donnamorthernca on 8/9/05 2:21am
Msg #57786

Re: Here is your answer.....

thank you

Reply by Terri - CA on 8/9/05 6:43pm
Msg #57926

Re: Here is your answer.....

Becareful, if you provide that information to your client/friend/customer, you better not notarize it. In California to provide all that information, including the type of notarization to perform, would be considered Unauthorized Practice of Law. :(

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.