Notary Rotary
how to market title co
Notary Discussion History

how to market title co
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by newin_NV on 8/14/05 10:38pm
Msg #59066

how to market title co

Been a notary for several years, signing agent for about 6. I would like to market to the local and not so local title co. Here is my question, if I send a letter, whose attention do I send it to. I don't want to have it just thrown away. Same goes to email who in the company do I contact? Thanks for any advise.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/14/05 11:15pm
Msg #59075

There's been some good advice on TC marketing before...

search the forum for title company marketing. Some send flyers, follow up with visits (usually with a goodie basket of some sort) or just cold call.

I'd ask for the name of the escrow manager to start.

If you're trying to get business from a local office I think email is a waste of time - a personal touch is better.

Reply by Glenn / CA on 8/15/05 12:28am
Msg #59091

Re: There's been some good advice on TC marketing before...

My situation was a little different than most as I began doing this when I retired from my full time job. Since I have other money coming in, I only spent a little money on listings on this and a couple of other notary boards. I also did not book that heavy so I could spend what time it took to get the signing done right the first time. I also decided that I was going to get familar as possible with every document in an average loanpackage. Then I began inserting a busniess card in each loan package I returned. Gradually, the title and loan compaines began calling me direct and now most of my business comes from direct calls. You see, it seems that the lender and title compaines' biggest frustration is botched jobs from the notaries. I now have more work than I can handle and actually have to pass off some jobs. The best thing I think you can do is the best job possible. When you do make an error, don't make execuses -- take responsibility, fix it and move on. The word gets around.

I also dropped in a couple of the local compaines, introduced myself, left a busniess card and a pen and thanked them for their business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.