Notary Rotary
new ss
Notary Discussion History

new ss
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by jan/ca on 8/23/05 2:42pm
Msg #61148

new ss

Anyone heard of nationalsigners.com? They're soliciting to join their organization for $49 to be in their directory of signing agents.

Reply by Philem_OH on 8/23/05 2:46pm
Msg #61152

You may want to give some careful thought to working for a company that makes you pay for the honour of receiving calls from them. Something doesn't sound quite right with that. Listing sites, such as NotRot, are a different matter. If an actual SS asks you to pay them before they give you jobs... well, caveat emptor, eh?

-Jim

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/23/05 4:27pm
Msg #61186

My thoughts on this!
If a signing service wants you to pay a fee to be listed and get work from them, then they don't have the capital needed to start a signing service, and are expecting signing agents to provide that start up money!

Never pay to get work from a signing service!

Reply by Kim_Cali on 8/23/05 2:46pm
Msg #61153

Check out www.greatlakesnotary.com as there is a link to National Signers Network. If this is the same that you are talking about its affiliated with the SS and another method of income for them.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 8/23/05 3:16pm
Msg #61165

To be quite honest, I've received so much "solicitation" for notary sign-up listings for a fee, that I'm beginning to think that people are just throwing together a website or page to make money. I'll admit in my 1st year of business I signed up with quite a few "listing places" where I had to pay a fee... now in my 2nd year of business I've dropped quite a few, market by work of mouth, networking, and credible "pay for" sites like the yellow pages and a few others that give me repetitive business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.