Notary Rotary
no lack of ID....5 passports
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 8/25/05 7:29am
Msg #61601

Did a signing near D.C. When I tolkd the borrower that I needed to see a photo ID, he asked if a passport would work. Of course I said. He opened his briefcase and took out a stack of passports - 5 to be exact. He said pick one. I looked at all the passports and they were all real and in his name. All were current.

Turns out, he was a high official in the CIA. 5 passports - 1-diplomatic, 1 for South africa, 1 for Israel, 1 for arab countries, one for all others.

I looked at the 1003 - his work address was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, D.C.

Needless to say, he understood the patriot act requirements.

Art

Reply by Ted_MI on 8/25/05 8:57am
Msg #61613

Art,

Very interesting experience. ! Did he actually acknowledge to you that he was in the CIA? I thought all of this was very clandestine.

Reply by Art_MD on 8/25/05 9:30am
Msg #61623

Yes, he said he was a deputy director. There was nothing secret about his job. I later checked and he is listed as a deputy director. The top officials are pretty hard to keep secret, especially when they testify before congress.

Art

Reply by Marla_FL on 8/25/05 12:58pm
Msg #61700

That would be a little intimidating. Don't want to make that guy mad. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.