Notary Rotary
package docs??
Notary Discussion History

package docs??
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by SDgirl_CA on 8/22/05 5:31pm
Msg #60879

package docs??

Does anyone know what it means to package docs?? I was returning docs to the title company and the escrow office asked if I knew hot to take copies and "package the docs"?? Does anyone know how to do this and if so what does it require and do you charge extra?? Thanks in advance!

Reply by AnneSoCa on 8/22/05 5:41pm
Msg #60880

Usually when I don't know what they're referring to, I just ask. I know sometimes you feel like they're going to think you don't know your stuff, but I find that many times, they appreciate that you're up front with them and that you want to learn.

Just ask them what they're referring to, I'm sure whatever it is, you can do it once you know what it is they want! : )

Reply by SDgirl_CA on 8/22/05 5:49pm
Msg #60881

I did ask and was told only "how they should be put together for the different places including copies" and then I said no but I am definately willing to learn. They responded "we dont have time to train but its ok that you dont know, most notaries dont know" Thats why I am asking.

Reply by Mandi CO on 8/22/05 6:27pm
Msg #60887

What they probably meant was preparing the documents for the lender in terms of making appropriate copies of the collateral package and certified copies of the Deed of Trust and Note. That should never be a notary's responsibility. I work for a title company and would never ask a notary to create a copy package for the lender.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/22/05 6:50pm
Msg #60889

Exactly, Mandi. But it sounds like 'another bright idea to get more work out of the notary'. Asking for mistakes, it is.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/22/05 10:38pm
Msg #60948

SD, Mandi was right and I think the E/O was looking to pass off his/her own work to you. If you did attempt to do her job and it wasn't to lenders specifications...just another reason to deduct from your pay, etc.

Reply by Shannon_Va on 8/22/05 10:57pm
Msg #60954

Sometimes it also could mean to put the docs in a stacking order. But that is the title companies job as well.

Reply by Sam in LA on 8/23/05 3:35am
Msg #60978

You Missed out

I package all the time and get paid an additional $25 from the companies I do signings for. They give you a cheat-sheet and all you do is prepare the package for funding by making copies.. not difficult and an easy ways to make extra $$$.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/23/05 10:06am
Msg #61027

Re: You Missed out

Glad to hear you get paid and that this isn't additional free work expected. Good for you!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.