Notary Rotary
12:45 a.m. & I just got a call from SOX
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Marla_FL on 12/23/05 11:49pm
Msg #84457

She appologized and asked how I was doing. I told her not very well when she is calling me at almost 1 in the morning. She appologized for calling me so late and want to know if I could do a signing tomorrow morning. She stated that she couldn't leave until she got it filled. I told her I couldn't help her.

WHAT IS SHE THINKING!!???

Reply by AmandaCA on 12/23/05 11:58pm
Msg #84458

Are you kidding me? Wow, although I am not surprised. Every time they call me I say "remember, I asked to be on your DO NOT call list?" yeah, do not ever call me again. I have never done a job for them because their reputation proceeds them. Oh Marla, go back to sleep and dream well!

Reply by Marla_FL on 12/24/05 12:01am
Msg #84459

Good nightSmiley

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/24/05 1:18am
Msg #84473

That is too funny. It's nice to see that SOX does have to deal with the reprocussions of their actions from time to time.

If they ever had the nerve to call me after midnight I can guarantee that every third word out of my mouth would begin with F and I wouldn't stop until they hung up on me in horror.

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/24/05 4:22am
Msg #84501

I guess the call I got from them at 10:15 PM wasn't so unusual, then, huh? Smiley

They had arranged a signing and notary for Perris, CA where the property is ....... but the BO works here in San Diego. WHOOPS!!

204 pages sent to print, signing at 11:30 PM, back in my office at 12:45 AM. Case completed.

Heck, for $125 I would probably keep doing these singles within 8 miles for them .......... (grin)

Reply by RickinVA on 12/24/05 9:54am
Msg #84515

Don't want to bust yer bubble on Christmas Eve, but what makes you think you'll ever actually SEE that $125?

Rick

Reply by Dee_Fla on 12/24/05 11:19am
Msg #84522

You guys all are to funny!!! LOL!!!!

You would think SOX would have learned by now that we just dont have "stupid" written on our foreheads!!!!

LOL,
Dee

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/24/05 11:42am
Msg #84528

Well littlericky, I suppose an attorney customer in that city would be HAPPY to take care of that issue, don't you????

And I don't want to burst your bubble, sparky, but SOME people know what they're doing WELL before it's done.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/24/05 11:52am
Msg #84529

Anyone who takes a signing from SOX knowing their history deserves to get stiffed. There is no way you can know what you're doing and still think that is a job worth taking.

And if you think there is a line of attorneys chomping at the bit to go after $125 then I just don't know what to say. Clearly you and I aren't living in the same world because in my world they would laugh you right out of their office.

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/24/05 4:07pm
Msg #84547

>Anyone who takes a signing from SOX knowing their history deserves to get stiffed.

Your "bad luck" in the past has no reference in my business. I have NEVER gone unpaid in any business issue to shich I was entitled in 32 years.

But ........ some folks don't really understand how to get the issue resolved successfully. I understand that ....... please don't feel bad about it. Smiley

>There is no way you can know what you're doing and still think that is a job worth taking.

You, obviously, don't know me personally at all, otherwise you'd never come up with that statement.

>And if you think there is a line of attorneys chomping at the bit to go after $125 then I just
don't know what to say.

CLEARLY, then, maybe you should not have SAID anything.

And you also, CLEARLY, don't know my client very well either ........... <grin>

>Clearly you and I aren't living in the same world because in my world they would laugh you
>right out of their office.

What your office doesn't know about getting paid or what is or isn't humor is NOT my responsibility.

I suggest you address that problem internally and see if you can't find a solution.

There IS one, I guaranty!

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/24/05 4:08pm
Msg #84548

And yes, typos happen.

Learn to read around them, I did! Smiley

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 12/24/05 5:37pm
Msg #84554

I am sure you will get paid, if you know who to speak to you will get paid.
If you know how to run your own business you will get paid.

Good for you to take advantage of SOX

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/26/05 3:10pm
Msg #84603

Well, in all honesty, I try to never "take advantage" of anyone. Smiley

And it's the first time they have called me ..... I try to be willing to give everyone a chance ONCE.

But, you're absolutely right. Knowing how to get collections done is a big part of every business.

I have done several years in collection, as well as skip chase work, and one thing I can tell you, most folks give up way too soon, and/or fail to do the correct things to really be effective.

Sometimes it's appropriate to hand the job to an expert, if only to learn from them. That's how I learned what I know, from somebody who was an expert who learned it from another expert a long time ago. It seems some things remain the same even if the years have gone by ........

It's not all that difficult IF you know how ........ and usually it involves something you would never suspect until an expert tells you. Then it becomes very clear.

And still, 90% of it all is persistance, and going right up to the line of harasment if needed, without risking going over it, sometimes.

I understand folks being reluctant to be "a real bastard" about collections ......... it's only natural for otherwise nice folks!!

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/26/05 3:34pm
Msg #84604

"I have done several years in collection, as well as skip chase work, and one thing I can tell you, most folks give up way too soon, and/or fail to do the correct things to really be effective."

Of course the one thing you're not factoring into the equation is the cost of the time involved to do all of this.

Yes, collections are a necessary evil for the self employed and there's nothing wrong with aggressively going after the money that is rightfully owed to you. Sometimes good companies go bad, sometimes we haven't seen the negative posts on the board, sometimes we just have no way of knowing.

The foolish thing is doing a $125 signing for a company like SOX, knowing *in advance* that it is extremely likely that you'll only see the money after several months and a lot of collection effort. Any smart businessperson would turn down the signing because it's simply not cost effective to do business that way.

You obviously don't place as high of a value on your time as the rest of us do, so more power to you. I hope you enjoy that $125 if and when you finally get it sweetie, because you'll definitely have worked for it.

And as for your earlier comment about knowing lawyers who would take this on for you.......Please, who are you trying to kid? That's what small claims court is for. No lawyer is going to waste his time chasing down $125 unless he's doing a favor for a friend or family member and no competent business owner is going to pay lawyer's fees to chase down $125. Just because you write something with a dismissive and flippant attitude to make yourself look smart and experienced doesn't make it so. You really look like a fool when you post such nonsense.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/26/05 4:40pm
Msg #84612

I would like to read in the next months if you still have the guts to keep accepting jobs from
SOX,SIGNATURE PLUS, UNITED NOTARIES, ETC I think I red some place that you have just
started doing signings(sssMOBILE)

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/27/05 11:58am
Msg #84642

1st, for whoever you are ........

>I would like to read in the next months if you still have the guts

When you go by anything other than "Anonymous" here you may talk to me about GUTS and not make me laugh, but you certainly ain't doing it now ....... <grin>

>to keep accepting jobs from SOX,SIGNATURE PLUS, UNITED NOTARIES, ETC
>I think I red some place that you have just started doing signings(sssMOBILE)

That's SSEmobile, and yes, I added "certified signing agent" to my 3 other businesses at the request of my mortgage broker this year, and have time to accept other jobs in that area as well.

I have also had no trouble getting paid from anyone as yet, including my experience with some of those offices Y'all seem to be having some trouble with.

It kinda makes me wonder whose fault your trouble is caused by.

By the way, I added signing agent to the business portfolio BECAUSE I have a history of doing well when an industry that has had a cyclic turn where a LOT of the competition folds up the tables and moves on to something else.

This industry seems to be no different as my calculated price base is more than profitable, and yet still below what some of you are claim you are charging, hence MY business will probably increase while yours might decrease or at least be more and more difficult to get your "preferred" price in.

Thank you for showing me which business model would be successful, though! Smiley

And now for Cali, who seems to take great joy from typing harsh, sarcastic words at my posts (as if I'm supposed to be impressed with the attitude and the fact you were here LONG before I was), while you have a great wit and write terrific prose about O.T. things, you seem to miss some points that should be easy for you all things considered.

"I have done several years in collection, as well as skip chase work, and one thing I can tell you, most folks give up way too soon, and/or fail to do the correct things to really be effective."

>Of course the one thing you're not factoring into the equation is the cost of the
>time involved to do all of this.

NONSENSE! I have plenty of time, and so do you, if you manage your time well enough.

>The foolish thing is doing a $125 signing for a company like SOX, knowing
>*in advance* that it is extremely likely that you'll only see the money after
>several months and a lot of collection effort.

Whatever rumor that is written into this, or any other forum on the internet, about any business is suspect based on it's being on an internet forum, first.

So, from where I stand, I'd be foolish to take anyone's post here as fact based on face value of it being here.

>You obviously don't place as high of a value on your time as the rest of us do,

To be more exact, I feel SOME of you have been charging so much for so long you have most likely forgotten what the real value of your work should be.

I am paid very well my the majority of my clientele, which are title companies and mortgage companies directly, rather than through some "middle man, after thought" signing service, and yet don't have to charge what some of you are insisting are your price "because of what you do and how well you do it".

If I have time to take assignments from first time callers who respond to my marketing, why should I let that work go to anyone else? Some of you here are missing to entire point of where your business market is and where it's going.

Please don't expect ME to educate you on what that is. I don't expect anyone here to take what I say seriously (really Cali, not even you!!), nor do I have any interest in training my competition.

>so more power to you. I hope you enjoy that $125 if and when you finally get
>it sweetie, because you'll definitely have worked for it.
>And as for your earlier comment about knowing lawyers who would take this on for
>you.......Please, who are you trying to kid?

Really, the fact that you seem to be unable to "discuss" this topic without resorting to sarcasm or name calling says volumes about how you really feel about it. What are you hiding, a sense that what I post is somehow more the truth of the matter?

>That's what small claims court is for. No lawyer is going to waste his time chasing
>down $125 unless he's doing a favor for a friend or family member and no
>competent business owner is going to pay lawyer's fees to chase down $125.

Thanks for proving you know so little about how to collect using an attorney.

I've said nothing about COURT of any kind.

>Just because you write something with a dismissive and flippant attitude

Yes, you seem to be well acquainted with that .........

>to make yourself look smart and experienced doesn't make it so.

No ........ the fact I AM more experienced , apparently, based on your innocent response, says much more than any "flippant" comment you might assume from me or make yourself.

>You really look like a fool when you post such nonsense.

Please re-read your last line.

Do you know me personally?

Do you know what my business experience is from personal experience?

HAVE WE MET, dear?

Who looks foolish here, then, posting character accusations on an internet forum where the facts are almost totally unknown to anyone?

Excuse me Cali', but you are really making the case that some people will post any nonsense they feel they can get away with when sitting behind a computer keyboard that they would be completely unable to utter when speaking face to face in person.

Then again, maybe you're this way all the time and that's why you're this way on an internet forum! Smiley

Which ever is the case here, I stand by my posts because I know what my skills and experience are .......... but feel free to "speak" here any way you wish about anything including me.

It makes little difference to me I assure you, that you choose this forum to exhibit your "best form".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.