Notary Rotary
1st Signing, ops I mean No Signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by BeckyNY on 12/5/05 9:29pm
Msg #80470

ok This is my first post. I already know not to post Annomously and to check my spelling too. Anyhow I had my first signing today and it did not go well. I have been a notary for over 15 years and have been closing loans for the same period.

I rec'd a call today at about 3:30 asking if I would do a signing for tonight (anytime). I accepted and doc's were e-mailed to me at about 4:45. I first confirmed with the customer - before printing them. (this suggestion I got from the message board) After confirming, I printed the docs. The 70 pages, I was told, actually was more like 170. I left for the closing as soon as I got done. The closing was 45 minutes from my house. Turns out the customer was extremely upset with the lender because the rate was wrong, there wasn't suppose to be an escrow, and closing costs were way off.

The customer called the lender immediately and expressed her dissatisfaction. The lender asked to speak to me. He asked me to talk the customer into signing using the 3 day right to cancel as a fall back. The lender went as far as telling the customer if they don't sign today - they will loose their rate. I expressed no opinion (good or bad) regarding the loan.

In the end the customer refused to sign. I sat their for two hours listening to both the husband and wife debate and bicker back and forth with the lender.

My second signing is for tomorrow. I already confirmed the loan details with the borrower yesterday.

I guess this is a day in the life of a Notary Signing Agent!

My question is (or statement) - I am still expecting payment! Right?

Have a great night.

Reply by christi ausherman on 12/6/05 2:43am
Msg #80506

Unfortunatly it depends on the SS. You should, and I'd go ahead and bill for it. I had one on sat that didn't sign. It was for a new SS (to me anyway) and I didn't have time to check their policies. Bad. They say 25$trip fee. Now I am going to fight it, who knows what I'll get, but it never hurts to try.

Reply by christiSocal on 12/6/05 2:44am
Msg #80507

oops, switched names again n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.