Notary Rotary
A& M Closing Service
Notary Discussion History

A& M Closing Service
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 12/30/05 10:13pm
Msg #85374

A& M Closing Service

Has anyone ever heard of them or worked for them? They are out of Mission Viejo, CA. I was on the way home returning from a signing and received a call from them asking me to do a signing tomorrow (Sat) and that the borrowers had the docs and it was in a nearby town. I specifically asked if there were faxbacks and told her that I charge extra for fax backs. She stated "no, xxxx company does not require them". So I said okay and stated my fee. She agreed to it. I stopped at WalMart on my way home so wasn't here when the confirmation came across my fax machine. Guess what - in A&M Closing Service's Terms and Conditions it states: "The Notary must fax back to A&M Closing Service the notarized documents and Right to Cancel once executed along with this Notary Invoice". Can you just beat that!????? I immediately called the emergency "in-signing" number and of course got a v-m - explained the situation and said that even though I wasn't in a signing my question was urgent and I needed an answer. Guess what! Its been two hours and I haven't heard from them. Well, I won't be doing the signing but just was wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem with this particular company. I think when they lie to you, you probably won't get paid either.

Thanks for bearing with me and taking the time to read this short booklet.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/30/05 10:24pm
Msg #85378

I did a search on them and looks like they pay slow and require a lot of faxbacks. I would recommend doing a search and read the info. that pops up about them. Search A&M with no spaces.

Reply by MonicaFL on 12/30/05 10:26pm
Msg #85380

thank you.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/30/05 10:27pm
Msg #85382

You're welcome.

Reply by Calnotary on 12/31/05 12:23am
Msg #85416

One time they told me that the borrowers cancelled because I recommended another
lender.BIG FAT LIE, I never do that! They paid me, but I will never work for them. Besides
they are 50.00 dollar SS, I got paid more than that but not too much.

Reply by Eugene Tripp on 12/31/05 2:29am
Msg #85425

I have completed several assignments for A & M Closing Service in the last few months, and they have always met my fee, not $50.00, and then paid as agreed. Their work orders are clearly defined, comprehensive, and easy to follow. They often require fax backs, however they are few in number. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/31/05 7:21am
Msg #85433

Very slooooooooooooowwwwwww to pay. When I first moved to MD I did a couple of signings for them. Now I won't touch them.

Reply by BetsyMI on 12/31/05 8:23am
Msg #85437

I think it's your responsibility to do this closing. It's now Saturday, and a holiday, and no one is going to hear your voicemail until probably Tuesday. The borrower has the docs. You agreed to the closing. You can always add more to your invoice, but it doesn't sound like a lot of fax backs unless there are 10-15 notarizations.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/31/05 10:07am
Msg #85464

Betsy.....then why dont you do it. Florida is nice and warm this time of year..you could fly down,be the hero...sit on the beach for a couple hours and fly back. Every one has the right to do business as they see fit. I NEVER consider myself to be under any obligation to companies that do not tell me the whole truth about a closings requirments.

Reply by BetsyMI on 12/31/05 11:37am
Msg #85476

Anon, I see you haven't taken today off with your bitter and stupid comments. Why don't you say who you are in your boldness?

Reply by Janet Angi on 1/1/06 12:33pm
Msg #85502

Betsy, I agree with you. It is not the borrower fault, what happens if the loan is out of lock. It might cost the borrower thousands of dollars if the rate changes over the life of loan.

Reply by Stephanie Wilson on 1/21/06 8:54pm
Msg #90065

I have done two closings for them the 1st on 5/12/05 invoice paid after lots of emails and calls on 7/7/05. Then on 6/23/05 they called and were so nice I agreed to do another, today is 1/21/06 still awaiting payment. Nice or not I am done with them. I don't work for free.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.