Notary Rotary
A new one for me...
Notary Discussion History

A new one for me...
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by SueW/Tn on 12/12/05 1:48pm
Msg #81967

A new one for me...

I have closing in 2 hours, in my state after a certain age it's your choice to have pic on DL, my borrower declined to have pic on ID. I'm have already requested that she have a witness present to handle the ID question. Anyone ever have this occur? I don't think I've ever seen a DL without a pic...this is odd.

Reply by Art_MD on 12/12/05 1:57pm
Msg #81970

per the TN handbook, there doesn't seem to be a requirement for a pic - per the handbook:

2. Reasonable reliance on the presentation to the officer of any one of the
following, if the document is current or has been issued within five years:
(A) An identification card or driver license issued by the Tennessee
department of safety; or
(B) A passport issued by the Department of State of the United States.

If the license is current or issued in last five years, its all you need --- IMHO

Art

Reply by SueW/Tn on 12/12/05 2:07pm
Msg #81973

TY Art, after posting I ran to my book....

bass ackwards I'll admit but I figured I'd cover all bases. I also talked with another Notary who has buckets of experience and she tells me that there are a few other states that don't take pics of us senior citizens for DL IF we elect. That's great news for me because I hate those "gangster" pics but confuseled me a bit. As always, ty so much for your input, much appreciated.

Reply by Art_MD on 12/12/05 2:12pm
Msg #81975

Re: your welcome Sue N/M

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/12/05 2:43pm
Msg #81988

Re: TY Art, after posting I ran to my book....

The problem with ID's without pictures isn't always the notarial part, but the lender's requirement to be in compliance with the Patriot Act. Though your state may not require picture ID to notarize the signature, the lender may require "current, government issued ID with a picture and name". So there still may be some 'problem' with the signing.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 12/13/05 7:28am
Msg #82108

Title accepted this non-photo ID...

and I have to admit it looked quite impressive with the State seal on it and specifically labeled "This is a valid ID". In further conversation with my partner I have to wonder why something like this is even offered. I'm going to ask at the bank this morning HOW they would ID me if I walked in to withdraw money IF my DL had no photo. Talk about a handy tool for fraud! Sheesh...

I know, I know...and I was excited to NOT have that nasty ole' pic....just shows to go ya...ya gotta live to learn!

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/13/05 8:17am
Msg #82119

ID w/ Marriage License on TLC program...

A Chinese couple were getting married on a documentary I was watching about strict birth control in China (sad but true...I was definitely watching it on Sat. night.)

This young couple got married and when the clerk of marriage licensing issued the license it included a picture of the couple together on their license. Pretty good idea.

(Now, with that kind of ID maybe we could get the sos's to allow us to certify status and keep everyone happy as clams.)

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/13/05 11:09am
Msg #82173

Re: ID w/ Marriage License on TLC program...

Since my bride and I have been married nigh onto 35 years (to each other, nonetheless), if our marriage certificate had our pictures on it, it certainly wouldn't look like we do today! Smiley Unless of course, the picture was taken by the Dorian Gray Photography Studio.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.